Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karenfe Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2010, 08:37 AM
    Domestic violence
    I live in Tn and divorced my abusive husband 3 years ago after 33 years of terrible abuse. I have many pictures and hospital records to prove the abuse I suffer. Even though he was never arrested can I still go to court and prosecute him ?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2010, 09:41 AM

You can't prosecute him - I don't even think you can sue him.

What are you intending to sue him for? What are your monetary damages?

That's all you can sue for - and it should have been addressed in the divorce.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 29, 2010, 09:48 AM

The DA , but if it is over 3 years old, in most cases the statue of limitation has ran out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Domestic Violence [ 13 Answers ]

The other night me and my boyfriend had a fight. I pushed him with not even that much force, we verbally fought for a few min and the police showed up. When I admitted to pushing him, he told them I didn't. They arrested me and brought me to jail.. when I was released I signed the agree not see...

Domestic Violence [ 2 Answers ]

How may I have a domestic violence conviction removed from my record?

Domestic violence [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I live in Ohio and I was wondering if anyone knows what my chances might be of receiving probation for a 4 degree felony of domestic violence I have one other DV I was convicted of 14 years ago and was wondering if the law provides probation for this offense.

Domestic violence [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend was fighting I called the police they issued a warrant he went to jail, I got a summons to go to court as a complaint but I don't want him to go to jail so how should I convince the judge that I want to dismiss the case because I rather we stay away from each other.

View more questions Search