Ask
    ttbitt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2010, 07:12 AM
    Samsung Plasma TV went black, no sound, no clicking, won't turn on
    Serial # AJD83CMPC04788B
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2010, 09:37 AM

Double check that the power cable is properly seated. If the TV is plugged into a surge protector, make sure the surge protector is on and works (try bypassing the surge protector). Verify that the electrical outlet works by plugging something else into it. If all of this fails, then you will probably need to get someone out to the home to troubleshoot it, or take it in somewhere.

Please post a model number though, this will help more than the serial number. If it is an older TV, you might be better off investing the repair costs into a new set.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2013, 07:02 AM
    If Samsung can't help and you are a little electronically inclined and can solder. Check out Youtube for Samsung Capacitor replacement, or similar search, They had Many TV's with bad caps. They usually Bulge. Take note of polarity of capacitors before removing. The stripe down the side identives the Negative.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2013, 07:04 AM
    samsung capacitor replacement - YouTube

For what ever reason, it seems to be mostlt a problem with the Power Supply.

If you choose to do this, buy the desoldering Iron from Radio Shack, it has a red bulb to squeeze and provide vacuum. Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Panosonic TV not working , it just has a clicking sound, no pic. Or sound [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 51 " Panasonic rear projection TV that just makes a clicking sound and will not power on and has no sound. I had it fixed 6 months ago for the same thing and the repair guy said it was a grounding issue, I really don't want to take it back as he said it's out of warranty

Samsung plasma screen goes black [ 6 Answers ]

My Samsung plasma screen goes black after it has been on for a few minutes,there is sound still,but after about 2-3 minutes the picture appears for a few minutes than the screen goes black again,than it flickers untile the screen is completely black but there is always sound. I have a PS2 & cable...

Samsung plasma connection to sony laptop [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to connect my computer Sony Viao vgn-sz780 to my Samsung TV pn42a450p1d via a VGA cable. It worked one time before but when I repeat the steps to do it again it doesn't work. I can get my TV to have a PC source but it keeps saying "check signal cable" or "no signal." I have installed...

John Deere L110 Clicking sound on start - new solenoid, still clicking! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I cut my lawn, engine was running for about 2 hours. Stopped at neighbors house, cold beer, go to restart, just a clicking sound. Thought battery was dead, did a quick check, good voltage, hooked it up to a charger, good amps. Still clicking. I figure it's the solenoid, picked one up...

View more questions Search