Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nenadesanford Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2010, 07:09 PM
    I got my period 2 days late and lasted for 2 1/2 days can I be pregnant?
    Hey I was 2days late with my period and it finally came down on the 25 of June 2010 and it lasted until mid afternoon on the 27th of June it was gone. I have been sick , thrown up headaches and the tender on my breast. My period was heavy and dark , and on the last day it was light and brownish can I be pregnant? I took a test and it said negative, before I got my period not sure if I should take another... please help me?? I need an answer
    mrsdurbin1 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2010, 07:20 AM

Yes you absolutely can. Sometimes if your hormone level (usually projesterone) is not high enough at the time you would normally have your period you can have a period when pregnant. This is why we ask a patient when her last normal period was when calculating her due date.
    Also, if your B-Hcg level (hormone produced by growning embryo) isn't high enough your urine pregnancy would be negative. Mainly this is due to very early or pre-implantation pregnancy, if the embryo is still making its way to the uterus or hasn't been implanted in the uterus long there isn't enough B-hcg being produced by it to make a pregnancy test positive.
    Hope this helps! Look for other symptoms, nausea, breast tenderness or swelling, fatigue and retake the urine pregnancy test in a few weeks.
    Jessica, FNP
    mandarleu Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2010, 11:09 PM

Did u find out, are u pregnant

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Period is 10 days late, negative pregnancy test about 3 days ago [ 10 Answers ]

My period is 10 days late, negative pregancy test about 3 days ago... I am just wondering if I am pregnant or not? My husband and I have been trying for about 4 months.. I usually get my period by now.

I started my period 2 days after unprotected sex, It only lasted 2 1/2 days. [ 6 Answers ]

I know I've already asked if I could be pregnant because I started my period only 2 days after having sex. I've gotten feed back and that reassured me, but the weird thing is my period only lasted 2 days. I started on Tuesday morning and by late thursdy night I was already finished, which isn't...

Period lasted for 3 days instead of 5 days [ 11 Answers ]

I had an early period, due was on the 30th of June and I got my period on 27th June 09. Lasted only until 29th June with usual abdominal pain,heavy breasts etc on 27th(I took pain-killer). But there was absolutely no sign of blood on the 4th day.Only ;little brown spotting. Is this a concern?...

Started because pack 2 days late, and I now have my period 15 days later [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I was meant to start my first pill of my new pack Monday, march 16th. However I did not pick up my prescription until Tuesday night and so I started the pack Wednesday the 18th at my regular time. Usually when I forget a pill for a few hours I only bleed a little that same day, and then it...

View more questions Search