Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yanag Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2010, 10:51 AM
    If I am bondable with the arrest record
    I was arrested for theft, went through the diversion program. Charges withdrawn, no conviction.
    I am looking for the job as a cashier? Am I safe to do so? Am I bondable?
    Thanks in advance.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 28, 2010, 10:53 AM

Your arrest record will not disappear but with charges withdrawn and no conviction there may be several bond insurers who will cover you but the big question is will anyone hire you.
    charged.me Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2010, 01:33 PM

Have you ever been charged, and went to the court, and fingerprint?
    Tell me this than I can help you with it..

Jun 28, 2010, 02:17 PM

Yes, I was charged with theft under 5000. I was in court, I did not plead guilty, it was pretrial diversion. Charges were withdrawn. Thank you.

Jun 28, 2010, 04:14 PM

Did you have fingerprint?

Jun 28, 2010, 04:34 PM

Yes, I did.

Jun 28, 2010, 04:59 PM

OK, then you will have a CPIC record which means most agencies will know you have been arrested and charged.. even the charged have been dismissed..

Jun 28, 2010, 05:27 PM

Does it make it impossible to get impossible to find employment as a cashier?

Jun 28, 2010, 05:57 PM

Employer may not find it..
    The following URL link tell you who will know your record
    http://www.cpic-cipc.ca/pdfs/CPICPVCIPC.pdf
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 28, 2010, 06:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by charged.me View Post
    employer may not find it..
    the following URL link tell you who will know your record
    http://www.cpic-cipc.ca/pdfs/CPICPVCIPC.pdf
    What makes you think the OP is in Canada? And it doesn't say whether the CPIC shares info. With would-be employers.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 28, 2010, 06:37 PM

Well first please don't answer when you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

Fingerprint cards and being fingerprinted does not mean you have a record. There are more non criminal fingerprints on file than criminal. Next a fingerprint card ( and many places are not really using cards any more) is merely a form of Identification, nothing more, it matches your prints with the name you are using, so if you are fingerprinted again, it will match your that name with your current ID ( if not the same)

Then that name and other ID info, would be used to search criminal records.

Jun 28, 2010, 06:49 PM

Yes, I am in Canada. I am just trying to understand if I waste my time running to the interviews. My lawyer said that diversion means no criminal record, but it seems there is the record. I applied for file destruction, but it is 8 months to wait till it done. Should I wait or should I go on trying?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 28, 2010, 06:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by yanag View Post
    Yes, I am in Canada. I am just trying to understand if I waste my time running to the interviews. My lawyer said that diversion means no criminal record, but it seems there is the record. I applied for file destruction, but it is 8 months to wait till it done. Should I wait or should I go on trying?
    When you apply for a job, you can honestly state that you have no criminal convictions (as far as I know; at any rate you were not convicted of this charge). If the prospective employer wants to investigate further, they may or may not discover that you do have a police record. If and when they ask about that, I suggest that you answer truthfully.

Jun 28, 2010, 06:59 PM

Thank you.
    I wonder if I can honestly say that I am bondable?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 28, 2010, 07:35 PM

Well first almost no "clerk" is bonded at most stores.

And next yes anyone is actually bondable, it just depends on finding a company that will do it, and if the cost of it, is workable.

Even if this was on your record ( and it appears not to be) you could still get bonded. Just at a somewhat higher costs perhaps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abbreviation for arrest record? [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know what the abbreviation NFSAO stands for in a police remark for a arrest record

Destroying Arrest Record [ 5 Answers ]

I am from Canada and have been arrested for theft under 5000... very stupid mistake! I have yet to go to court or anything but ideally I won't end up with a criminal record. But there will still be records on file of my arrest and fingerprints right? How can I get rid of these? Can it be...

Arrest record. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I live in Los Angeles, CA. Last year me and my boy-friend have an argument when I called 911 on him, but instead got arrested myself, even though by the time they arrived I claimed that it was a mistake and I didn't need their involvement. In the police report they stated that he...

My Arrest Record [ 2 Answers ]

What is my criminal history?

View more questions Search