Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jakepc Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2010, 12:50 AM
    A girl I like, her relationship seems weird
    I'm 22 and I had feeling for this girl but never told her how I felt and now she started dating one of my good friends and he knew how I felt about her. But after they started dating I got up the guts to tell her how I feel and she said I should have told her that a few days ago. Which strikes me weird because it sounds like she is saying if have said I love you first I would be dating you... like she has feelings for me. And then talking to her she told me she wasn't going to marry him which make me wonder why she is dating him. Don't we date people we want to be with for the rest of our lives? I would say she in it for the sex but she doesn't strike me as that type of person. I could be wrong.
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Jun 28, 2010, 01:09 AM

Mostly we date people when we are in our late teens and early 20s, however its not often that a person we date first is the person we eventually marry, its kind of like checking out the opposite sex to find out who we want to spend the rest of our lives with, although in some parts of the world and in some religions people who date each other from their teens will go on to marry that person.

Its really depends on the individuals in a relationship.

However with this girl you are talking about, she is now in a relationship with your friend, and any talk you and she have regarding your feelings is off limits, because it could lead to her cheating on him, and that's not right or fair of either of you to even consider that, I suggest you talk to her and tell her that you will not contemplate encouraging her with your talk of having feelings for her whilst she is with this other Man..

If they finish their relationship and you and this girl then get together that's fine, but not whilst she is with someone else.

Regardless of how you feel about her its not right to consider any involvement with her whilst she is taken.

Just because she has said she won't be marrying him doesn't mean she's only in it for the sex, if she's only been seeing him for a short time they're probably just spending time getting to know each other, sex may or may not come later.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 28, 2010, 07:44 AM

First off, you had no right telling her that once she started dating someone. She is not off limitsI just because you can't open your mouth and tell a girl you like her .

People don't always date to marry, they date to get to know people, they date to have fun. If she is with him for sex (which there is no evidence to prove she is) that is her business not yours.

A closed mouth does not get fed. The food goes to the next person. Next time speak up, don't go after it once it's in someone else's mouth.
    jakepc Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2010, 08:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    First off you had no right telling her that once she started dating someone. If you can't open your mouth and tell a girl you like her, she is not off limits.

People don't always date to marry, they date to get to know people, they date to have fun. If she is with him for sex (which there is no evidence to prove she is) that is her business not yours.

A closed mouth does not get fed. The food goes to the next person. Next time speak up but don't go after it once it's in someone else's mouth.
    I didn't say she was I said she might me but I don't think so because she isn't that kind of person.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 28, 2010, 10:40 AM

The thought crossed your mind, why else would you say something like that.
    People don't date solely for marriage.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 28, 2010, 12:56 PM

Too little, too late, you missed the boat, and now have to focus elsewhere, and leave her alone.

That's the lesson you learn.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About a girl and some weird necklace [ 3 Answers ]

Hey everyone,I can't remember the name of the movie. It is about witch who made some necklace that can freeze anyone who put it on.And it was for the some girl.That happened in the past and that blonde girl was frozen until some guy who works with dolls in some store tried to take it off,and then...

Weird shy girl. [ 9 Answers ]

Hey guys some one help me because this is a weird situation. I liked this girl last year. She was very VERY shy. She liked me too. I would call her every night and she would never answer. She only texted me and talked to me online. Well nothing amounted from this so we broke apart. I...

Help me. Weird relationship [ 14 Answers ]

OK so here's the thing.. My best friend is finding it really hard to break up with here boyfriend... I've giving here advice but she won't listen so she want to post on here ... Sam here.. I'm dating a guy called mark.. been together a long tym.. I'm nli 16 and I'm off on holiday with...

We hit a weird speedbump in our relationship. [ 14 Answers ]

OK so my girlfriend and I have been dating for 7 1/2 months and we hang out everyday and talk every night before bed text during the day and then I went to community college to become a fireman and she is stillin school technically I'm a senior and she is a junior but after I left we haven't seen...

Weird relationship. [ 12 Answers ]

Hey everybody! So I have this werid situation... this guy who's like 24 (im20) has a girlfriend... but we hung out in the summer and hooked up or whatever... so he's bak from school now and wants to hook up again. But I feel bad since he has a girlfriend now. But he came over and one thing led...

View more questions Search