Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    absolutchele Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2010, 06:30 PM
    Help something is eating my tomatoes!
    I can't think of what else to do. I've tried organic methods like sprinkling the plants with flour, the ground with oat bran (to kill slugs) and shallow bowls of beer. I've sprayed with 7 dust and sprinkled with 7 dust powder but something is still getting to my tomatoes.

Help please send me any suggestions as to what it is and how to stop it!! :confused:

mustangchristy77 Posts: 87, Reputation: 13

Jun 27, 2010, 06:40 PM

Have you looked really close at your plants? You may have what is called a tomato horn worm. They are not easily seen because they blend in with the stalk. They are huge and a little scary looking.
    absolutchele Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2010, 07:17 AM

I've been looking for one of those but can't find one. Whatever it is, it's hitting both my topsy turvy tomatoes and the ones in the ground. I thought Seven was suppose to keep tomato horn worms away.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2010, 08:51 AM

Look for Horn Worm poop, it looks like a bunch of small black balls. The worm will be above it.
    Spray the plant with a hose and then look, they will wiggle and you can see them easier.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Growing Tomatoes [ 11 Answers ]

Last summer, my fiancé and I tried to grow some tomatoes and peppers. We were not very successful. Our tomatoes were so tiny. And hardly any peppers bloomed. Are we watering too much? Could it be the type of soil. Last year we had them in containers, this year we are hoping to grow them in...

Does Eating the Crust of a Pizza Count as Eating a Bread Concerning Nutrition? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, All! Well, does it? I would think that eating at least the larger, rear end of it would count as some sort of bread. Thanks!

Tomatoes are cracking [ 4 Answers ]

My tomatoes are starting to crack. If it doesn't rain (I live in the deep south -so it's usually in the high 90's this time of year), I water daily, and fertilize with miracle grow twice a week. I've had a few that are getting blossom end rot, and so I'm researching that on here, but I can have a...

Something eating my tomatoes [ 1 Answers ]

Something just started eating our tomatoes. We had several about to ripen, went out to pick today and most of them had been bitten into. I looked around and something had taken a bite out of half my maters.(Grrrrrrrrrr) Its not insects. There are areas where you can see teeth marks. I'm thinking,...

View more questions Search