Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    UFOPILOT Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2010, 05:11 PM
    Particle energy reduction
    Hi, I've been thinking about particle energy, the energy within particles we find when they are annihilated. When particles are annihilated do they give off only one frequency or are there multiple energies or frequencies released from the particle in question? Has anyone tested particle energy reduction or removal by the way of bombarding a particle, lets say an electron with a lower frequency energy than Gamma ray, not only to look at the changes in the electrons behaviour, but to look at the possible increase in frequency of the lower energy photon beam bombarding the electron, or maybe a totally new energy frequency appearing?

Be good to me, I'm a part timer, just a little hobby of mine... Thanks.:D
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 28, 2010, 10:16 AM

Sorry - I'm not following your question. First, with regards to the "debris" that is generated when a particle is annihilated in a partcile accelerator for example, physicists are constantly working to understand precisely what new particles are generated. Quite often photons are part of the resulting shower, and their energy (or frequency as you put it) is dependent on the particulars of the event. Basically conservation of mass/energy and conservation of momentum and spin dictates the characteristics of the emerging particles.

The second part of your question is confusing - I don't understand what you mean by "particle energy reduction." Perhaps you can rephrase it.
    UFOPILOT Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2010, 08:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ebaines View Post
    Sorry - I'm not following your question. First, with regards to the "debris" that is generated when a particle is annihilated in a partcile accelerator for example, physicists are constantly working to understand precisely what new particles are generated. Quite often photons are part of the resulting shower, and their energy (or frequency as you put it) is dependent on the particulars of the event. Basically conservation of mass/energy and conservation of momentum and spin dictates the characteristics of the emerging particles.

The second part of your question is confusing - I don't understand what you mean by "particle energy reduction." Perhaps you can rephrase it.
    Hi and thanks for the reply... Yes I know all of the above, but what I'm saying in very basic terms is this... each particle, compound fermion etc etc, give off energy(photon) during annihlation and their sub particles can on occasion also be seen if they have any. Now each particle, as we know has momentum of spin, must be relative to or mirror the photons within it, as in photons of higher and lower frequencies... frequencies we can see and prove on the frequency table. Now all these particles are given more or less mass, depending on the photon energy indicator we see within them, we should be able to grade the particles mass in relation to the photon energy we see, their sub particles must also contain this energy or 2 energies or photons in order for them to attract and become the particle in question.

Now as to the 2nd part of my question, if we run a cold tap over a hot iron barr, the water falling away from the bar will be warmer than the water before it hits the bar. If we can identify the energy within a said particle, and bombard the said particle with a lower frequency photon shower, would we not see an increase in the frequency range of the photon shower or even the particles photon energy being detected, if this is so, the lower frequncy photon is removing some of the frequency or higher energy from the particle in question.

There must be some simple relationship between all these sub particles and their existence should be relative to other particles that lose their energy or photons... now if Electrons are made up of spinions and holons and each of these sub-particles contain Gamma ray photon frequncy energy, it should be a good idea to think that Gamma ray photons create electrons and not just come from them, it would then sugest we have a cycle of energy, the constant.. but that is a basic way of explaining it... personaly I would think the sub particles are off two different energy types, merging to become on, just like years ago before we knew about sub atomic particles, and only thought atoms were a singular thing. I hope you understand where I'm pointing to?
    Kind regards... :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Importance of Kinetic and potential energy in energy reactivation [ 0 Answers ]

What's the importance of kinetic and potential energy in energy reactivation

Explain with the revelance, the importance of Kinetic and potential energy in energy [ 1 Answers ]

Explain with the relevance, the importance of kinetic and potential energy in energy reactivation

Alpha particle acceleration [ 8 Answers ]

So if you have an alpha particle accelerated to 23.1 MeV per particle. How do you convert it to find the energy in kJ/mole?

View more questions Search