Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    corker14 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2010, 09:09 AM
    10 Column Worksheet
    I see that many people have posted regarding this specific problem over some time but I haven't been able to find the answer that I am looking for.

For class, we were given an unadjusted trial balance sheet that needed to be extended into a 10 column worksheet. I have created the worksheet but find myself stuck regarding the adjustment for:

h. The long-term note payable bears interest at 1% per month. The unadjusted Interest Expense account equals the amount paid for the first 11 months of the 2005 fiscal year. The $240 accrued interest for June has not yet been paid or recorded. (Note that the company is required to make a $5,000 payment toward the note payable during the 2006 fiscal year.)

I have entered in the adjustment for the $240 for FYE June 2005 and I assume that the $5,000 does not need to be recorded because that will take place in the next fiscal year (unless the company plans to make the payment in the current year). I may be over thinking it, but it just felt like if they mentioned it, I would need to do something with that figure. Is that correct?
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2010, 03:37 PM

The adjusting entry will be for the interest that has accrued during the month.

There is no adjustment for the notes recceivable.
    corker14 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2010, 04:35 PM

Thanks, that is what I thought but I just wanted to make sure. Got a little hung up on the small stuff for this assignment. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

10 column worksheet [ 5 Answers ]

My unadjusted trial balance is not adjusting. Below is what I need to post and I have attached my file please help. July 1 Jim invested 40,000 cash and photography equipment valued at 20,000 in the business. 1 Purchased office supplies for cash 1,300 1 Purchased photography...

10 column Worksheet [ 3 Answers ]

What is a 10 - column worksheet? How is it completed and what it is for?

10 column worksheet [ 4 Answers ]

Hey everybody I got a midterm on fundamental accounting principles problem 4-5b but the problem I'm having is that when I add my adjusted trial balance doesn't add up to be the same I don't know what I'm doing wrong and its due wendsday so please help me guys. All right here we go No. Debit...

10 column worksheet [ 1 Answers ]

What is a 10 column worksheet

10-Column Worksheet [ 1 Answers ]

What is the 10-column worksheet and what is the purpose?:)

View more questions Search