Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gwenc Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2010, 07:24 AM
    What Happens after motion for default is granted
    I received letters saying that the plaintiff's motion for default is granted what is this
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2010, 07:25 AM

The Plaintiff (the person who filed the lawsuit) won (received an award and Judgment) because the Defendant (the person who was sued) did not appear.
    gwenc Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2010, 07:29 AM

How long will it be before I have to move out on the home

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Motion to set aside default, motion to set aside final judgment and motion to set ano [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I'M in Florida Jacksonville, I have a small problem, I read the time wrong to appear for my small claims court trial and arrived at 11:15am but is was scheduled at 11am 9/3/09. I tried to explain but did not get anywhere, so I went downstairs to the courthouse and filed a motion to set...

Order to vacate default judgement has been granted [ 3 Answers ]

On a previously filed show cause order due to lack of jurisdiction,(improper service) that was signed by the judge, I just received notification that my motion to vacate default judgement has been granted I now have 20 days to file and serve an answer,( I guess to the original summons had the...

How do I file a motion for default [ 1 Answers ]

I discharged my attorney because he deliberately missed two deposition dates and had no real reason for this occurrence. A new date has been set and confirmed. I am proceeeding pro se, defense has been notified and the court has accepted the attorney discharge document submitted to them. ...

Motion of Default - Separation [ 3 Answers ]

Circumstances are that I have gone for a legal separation from my husband through my solicitor who sent all the relevant papers to him. He firstly submitted a false "Welfare of Means" report, which I challenged and he then ignored all other pleas to make settlement. My solicitor has by now lodged a...

View more questions Search