Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Carl17 Posts: 66, Reputation: 9

Jun 27, 2010, 02:03 AM
    If I like to study astrology, am I a sinner? Does it matter?
    I read an article in a religious publication today and it was talking about how astrology is a construct of the devil, and a path away from god; a deception. I like to study astrology, and read my horoscope, but I still believe in god and try to apply his teaching to my daily life and tasks, so I ask, is this a sin, and should I worry about it?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 27, 2010, 07:25 AM

Astrology is a science, carl; therefore I don't know how it an be evil.

Tick
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 27, 2010, 09:01 AM

Yes, it is a sin, and one actually specificly warned about in the old testement.

As a Christian we should know it is pure silliness and has no basis in what happens in our life.

To look to other things besides God for running our life is a seroius sin to God.
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2010, 10:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Astrology is a science, carl; therefore I dont know how it an be evil.

tick
    A science? This is the funniest thing I've read in weeks.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2010, 11:33 AM
    Hi, Carl17!

Since the study of Astrology is based upon the Sun revolving around the Earth, why put any credence into it anyway?

Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 27, 2010, 05:31 PM

You all can argue what it is on a separate thread. For the purpose of this one we shall address how the OP intended it.
    Horoscopes and study of it for advice. ( in her post on reading it daily)
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2010, 06:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl17 View Post
    I read an article in a religious publication today and it was talking about how astrology is a construct of the devil, and a path away from god; a deception. I like to study astrology, and read my horoscope, but I still believe in god and try to apply his teaching to my daily life and tasks, so I ask, is this a sin, and should I worry about it?
    How seriously do you take it? Do you look to it for life guidance, or do you just read it for fun? If you're making life decisions based on it, then it qualifies as a sin. Motivation and what's in your heart is the determining factor.
    Joshua.H. Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2010, 01:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl17 View Post
    In regards to the article you were reading, you might consider finding something a little less biased and not published by fundamentalists. Not trying to be an , but hey.
    vLinko Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2010, 05:16 AM
    Look firstly. Stop with the religious fervent. Basic principles of Christianity. Love God. Love your neighbours. Love your enemies. That's it. We don't want to turn back to the middle ages where women were burnt because the Pope was religeously corrupted. Let no one tell you about Christianity. Because they are no better than you. They cannot judge or give advice because they are not perfect. Just love all and all will be well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why do chrstians not believe in astrology? [ 18 Answers ]

Can anyone explain why Christianity and other world religions look at astrology as sinful? And can someone give me another answer other than because God said it was bad in the bible. Thanks.

Every sinner has a future every saint has a past translate into french [ 0 Answers ]

I want "every sinner has a future every saint has a past" translated into french please!

Astrology [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone on here answer a question for me regarding a Saturn return transit?

Legitimate astrology? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering why so many astrologists are incorrect with their predictions? I was curious as to whether astrology really goes hand in hand with predictions of every day subtle events (such as money, love, lifestyle, habits.. etc) or rather more to do with global events and galaxy/universal...

A question on astrology. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have seen a type of astrology in india called "NADI ASTROLOGY" in india. Letme brief it. It is based on the belief that every thing in our life is pre determined by god. The ancient sages of indian soil wrote number of poems (beleived to have written around 2000 year back) , which contains...

View more questions Search