Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Faloyon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2010, 09:06 PM
    An emergency physician, who is a good clinician, also has an entrepreneurial spirit.
    An emergency physician, who is a good clinician, also has an entrepreneurial spirit. Following the mantra of business to �find a legal need and fill it,� he decides to establish a professional group of emergency physicians. He initially enlists the participation of several friends who are emergency docs, and they land a couple of hospital contracts. They provide good care in an efficient manner, and quickly build an excellent reputation. As the head of the physician group, he recruits several other physicians from around the country, with the lure of excellent compensation packages and good administrative support. He makes a concerted effort to mentor his younger colleagues so that they can grow in their leadership abilities. After less than 10 years, with progressive growth of the group to contracts with more than a hundred hospitals, the board of directors, which he chairs, and on which sit several of the physicians he had mentored, votes him out as President and Chairman of the Board.

1. Is this rare? Are you aware of basically similar situations?

2. Based on the admittedly limited information presented in the situation above, are there steps the group founder might
    Have been able to take to reduce the potential for losing his job?

3.How would you counsel a subordinate who expresses hesitancy in mentoring, out of fear of repeating a situation similar to the
    Emergency physician who no longer heads the organization he started?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 26, 2010, 09:10 PM

I'm sorry, but site rules prohibit us from doing your homework for you. Now, if you have some answers already we would be happy to guide you.
    bleusong52 Posts: 239, Reputation: 46

Jul 3, 2010, 07:08 PM

I've never heard of such a situation. I agree with J-9, it sounds more like homework.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Insurance and physician fee dispute-physician billing me the difference [ 1 Answers ]

My son had emergency surgery and his insurance paid the surgeon the physician provider fee because the surgeon (who is not a provider in our HMO) was on-call for a provider physician according to the Tax ID on the physician's claim to the HMO. The physician is billing my son $700, the difference...

Working as a Doctor/Physician Abroad (from you.S.) [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. My husband is a retired MD (ObGyn) in the U.S. I am 2o years younger and a retired (I'm 42) journalist. We love traveling, but also want to do something meaningful with our lives and earn a little money too keep traveling. We have been looking into doing medical work in Saudi Arabia,...

Physician ethics [ 8 Answers ]

Should A physician inform the patient that there health care provider is out of there network before they perform a costly procedure??

# of Physician offices [ 1 Answers ]

How many physician offices are their in the US? How many total in the world? How many doctors in the US? How many doctors in the world?

View more questions Search