Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    honey00411 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2010, 09:01 PM
    Hipaa violation in pharmacy
    I work as a technician in a pharmacy, and made a counting error. While I was on break, my manager printed out the flow of who typed it followed by their name, who filled it, I was going to resign. I packed up everything in my cubby along with that paper he printed out and hung up.
    I have since filed a hostile work environment complaint and produced that document as part of the problem. It was shown to two HIPPA trained managers. Now I am being informed that I violated HIPPA regulations by removing this document from the pharmacy.
    Is this a true violation? Didn't my manager first violate HIPPA law when he hung up
    The document for everyone to see?
    My only concern was having evidence of hostility and humiliation. Thank you
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 26, 2010, 09:15 PM

Was the document hung up where everyone could see or only employees?
    honey00411 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2010, 09:33 PM

The document was hung on the "window wall" side of the filling station. Anyone who stood close enough to our windows could have seen it. We are set up on one side like a "fishbowl" so the public can see us in action. At times they are so close to the glass, I am certain they can read the scripts we are typing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HIPAA Violation in Pharmacy [ 5 Answers ]

I was at Target yesterday and inquired why one of my prescriptions was not filled. The technician said one second and went to talk to the pharmacist. She was speaking from the back of the pharmacy and said Mr. Bowman I see where this presription (the actual name) and this prescription (actual...

Pharmacy hipaa violations [ 2 Answers ]

Is it common practice or a hippa violation for an Emergency room to call a pharmacy or call around to other pharmacies to see if the medication list you gave them was correct without the patients permission? Or to find out the prescribing doctor or the amount of medications that was prescibed for a...

Is it a hipa violation for pharmacy [ 4 Answers ]

For a pharmacy to announce someone's name outloud or page their name. I work in a pharmacy and am trying to get my pharmacist to announce when a customers rx is ready. But he says it is a hipaa violation to announce someone's name. Examle:" prescription is ready for Mike Jones". Is that a violation?

Can I ask for damages for a pharmacy hipaa violation [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know if I can sue or ask for damages from a pharmacy that violated hipaa law

HIPAA pharmacy label [ 5 Answers ]

I picked up my perscription yesterday and my information was correct on the box, however, the tube inside the box had someone else's 411. I took it back to the pharmacy and asked (very nicely) for my money and Rx back. I was dismissed and told it WAS the right Rx but it just had someone else's...

View more questions Search