Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GoodLuckPig Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2010, 02:14 PM
    Constant tooth pain
    Thursday night I got up for a midnight sandwich and when I started eating my tooth started hurting but it was bearable. The next morning I got up and ate breakfast with a lot of pain in my tooth. I called sever dentists however all I got was answering machines, I called five different ones and left messages with no response. Now the tooth hurts constantly, sensodyne and anbesol made it worse. It is extremely excruciating pain, in my right central, I have not changed any dental hygiene habits, I brush twice a day with a soft bristle brush using fluoride toothpaste and I use a water pic before I go to bed. My teeth are in very good shape and I have never gotten a cavity. From my unprofessional observation the gum is healthy and the tooth is perfectly smooth on all sides (using my tongue but its not very good at detecting small cracks and such.) I have had no recent trauma to the mouth.

Any help? Can't get emergency help from any local dentist without a pre-existing account. I just moved here so what are my options I can't wait till Monday and I work 12 hours a day and I don't miss work. I will pull the tooth myself if it comes to that.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2010, 02:18 PM
    If the pain is that bad call hospital emergency. They usually have an "on call" dentists who could see you. You may have to wait until he/she feels like going to the office but there is a good chance you will be seen over the weekend.

Does the tooth hurt if you tap on it with your finger?
    Is it sensitive to cold or hot?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 26, 2010, 02:19 PM

Have you taken any pain relievers? If the tooth looks good, why pull it? There might be something else going on in that area.

I'll PM a dental expert to get you a qualified answer.*

*She showed up -- YAY!
    GoodLuckPig Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2010, 02:29 PM

I don't have to touch it to make it hurt, it just does. I told you I used anbesol and sensodyne and they made it worse.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2010, 02:31 PM
    Then your best bet is to call emergency or get yourself to an emergency room.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 26, 2010, 02:45 PM

Please don't try to pull your tooth, or you will end up with even bigger problems.
    scarpia Posts: 23, Reputation: 0

Jun 26, 2010, 10:05 PM

I remember having an infected molar once years ago. It was just as bad as a kidney stone. I think the ER is your best bet. You could at least get heavy duty painkillers and maybe an antibiotic. I remember calling a hospital over the weekend with my infected molar. They just told me they didn't deal with dental problems. I just suffered through the weekend until I could get to a dentist on Monday. The pain went away in a couple of days with antibiotics. It's a real pain that almost NO dentists work on Fridays. Not to mention weekends.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 26, 2010, 10:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by scarpia View Post
    It's a real pain that almost NO dentists work on Fridays. Not to mention weekends.
    The dentist I had for 20 years had appointments all day Friday, as does my new one that I've had for three years. Both would come in to the office for an emergency over the weekend (and it wouldn't have to be one of their regular patients). And I live in the greater Chicagoland area where everyone is supposed to be cold and heartless.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dull tooth pain with biting down or when tap side of tooth with fingernail [ 3 Answers ]

PLEASE HELP! I'm trying to get pregnant and want my teeth better soon. Tooth #19 (bottom left molar) had a root canal about 8 months ago. I had a permanent filling in it until recently when my insurance would cover a crown. (tooth had no cracks and had a narrow root canals so OK to wait) I had no...

Tooth pain - Gallbladder pain - any relation? [ 7 Answers ]

I had a crown put on last December and I had to go back to my Dentist 3 times to file it down because it would hurt really bad when I would bite down. The dentist did not fix my problem and I just refused to go back a 4th time. I just stopped eating on with this side of my mouth. I now have...

Constant Vaginal Pain [ 12 Answers ]

For the past 2 days, my vagina has been in constant pain. It is red, irritation is most likely, but it does not hurt when I urinate. I also haven't noticed a change in discharge. Could this be a yeast infection?

View more questions Search