Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wasusank Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2010, 01:47 PM
    I need to write a thesis statement on school violence
    Here is what I came up with. What do you think?
    Each day our children go to school to learn, only to witness some form of school violence. School violence in the form of bullying, trash talking to dangerous weapons bing deplayed.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2010, 01:55 PM

This is the third thesis you are writing?

I find your punctuation to be "off." It should be "... some form of school violence in the form of bullying ... "
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 26, 2010, 01:56 PM

Sounds good, but let's put it into good English:

Each day too many of our children go to school to learn, only to witness some form of school violence -- school violence in the form of bullying, disrespect toward authority figures, trash talking, and the secret carrying and displaying of dangerous weapons, to name a few.

Jun 26, 2010, 02:16 PM
    I need to write a thesis statement on school violence
    Com/220 class I have to come up with a thesis statement on school violence. Here is what I have so far. Each day our children go to school to learn, only to encounter some form of school violence.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 26, 2010, 02:21 PM

I gave you an answer on another thread.
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2010, 02:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wasusank View Post
    com/220 class I have to come up with a thesis statement on school violence. Here is what I have so far. Each day our children go to school to learn, only to encounter some form of school violence.

My answer is the same as it was on your other thread.

Jun 26, 2010, 02:39 PM

This is only my second, I changed my topic.

Jun 26, 2010, 02:42 PM

Thank you both for your input. I now know I am on the right track.

Jun 26, 2010, 03:38 PM

Now I am struggling with compelling and counter arguments. I want to use statistic to support my facts.
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2010, 03:45 PM

Unfortunately I don't have the time to do this project for you.

Wondergirl, take it away!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 26, 2010, 03:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wasusank View Post
    Now I am struggling with compelling and counter arguments. I want to use statistic to support my facts.
    The Internet should be rife with articles on school violence, so I'm not sure why you're having trouble. By "compelling" you mean FOR school violence? Statistics should be easy to find too. What kinds of stats do you want?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is a good thesis statement for a school bullying paper? [ 0 Answers ]

I have the following statements, but do not know which one would make a better thesis statement. 1. Could school bullying be the cause of genetics? 2. School bullying is said to have a negative psychological effect on children, what causes this?

How to write a thesis statement? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I need to know how to write a thesis can you guys please help? Im writing a thesis statement on the book "A thousand splendid suns" and my topic is "The struggle of women in Afghanistan". My three points are male dominance, low social status of women, and education.

How to write a thesis statement on outsourcing jobs to other countries [ 2 Answers ]

I know how to write a thesis statement and I have written many before but this one I am having trouble with it could any one give me a few ideas?

I have to write a thesis statement on cosmetic surgery [ 7 Answers ]

Here is my thesis statement, please let me know if it need improving or if I can say it in any other way? "Eventhough people use cosmetic surgery to look better becasue of low self esteem; what about the people who needs medical proceedures."

How do I write a thesis statement about Japanese Video Game Companies? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm doing a report for my English class about Japan. And I chose Video games as my topic. I am having trouble writing the thesis. The 3 companies I'm writing about are Sony Sega and Nintendo

View more questions Search