Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EliseHaegler Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2010, 09:44 PM
    I want to be a christian singer
    I'm not fussed on becoming famous. The thing is I wanted to be an actor for so long and God has taken me away from that, the acting industry is so dodgey, and it would pull me away from God; I know that.

So the biggest decision was dropping acting which I love, but I love singing even more, my cousins are in a christian band they are fairly well known, Compliments of Gus. I'm from Australia, by the way.
    Its been my dream for so long to sing at Easterfest, I am so moved by music and its pretty much my calling, I think. I'd love to be like Rebeccah StJames.

I may never get there and that's okay, but what are some ways I can start to sing a bit more, get a bit more noticed and just get into it.
    I don't care if no one is listening, I just want to sing.

Ty :)
    <3
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2010, 09:54 PM
    Hi, EliseHaegler!

Are you currently still in school, please?

Thanks!

Jun 25, 2010, 09:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, EliseHaegler!

Are you currently still in school, please?

Thanks!
    No, I have been homeschooled my whole life, and finished last year.
    =)
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2010, 10:00 PM
    You mean home-schooled up through the level that would be equivalent to finishing high school?

Jun 25, 2010, 10:01 PM
    You mean home-schooled up through the level that would be equivalent to finishing high school?
    Yeah exactly.
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2010, 10:05 PM
    Have you ever sung with your cousins in a performance?

Also, what kind of Christian music is it that you like to sing, please?

Jun 25, 2010, 10:20 PM
    Have you ever sung with your cousins in a performance?

Also, what kind of Christian music is it that you like to sing, please?

No they live in Melbourne and I am in Brisbane so we don't see each other often, at all. We went to one of their gig's last night and my passion for singing roared up bigger then ever!

Also I don't have a very 'rock' voice. I'd love to sing Classical, Pop, Celtic, Operatic pop, Worship.
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2010, 10:31 PM
    Do you mean all of those types of music that might involve just Christian songs or maybe also other types of songs?

I apologize for all of the questions that I'm asking! However, I do need to get an idea as to what you can do, what you want to do and the various ways that might be available for you to be able to accomplish your goals. If you might like to know more about me, please read my Profile.

Also, I would appreciated it if you would refrain from quoting my posts in yours. It makes the pages and threads a lot longer than they really need to be.

The only time that I quote someone who is writing on a thread, is when there's a "page turn", or when there is an issue with something that they've written.

I would really like to help you here!

Thanks!

Jun 25, 2010, 10:39 PM

Sorry, I'm new :P As you can tell.
    That’s okay, questions are necessary. Here I'll tell you a bit about me, if that might help.

Ok I'm 17 in a week, I've had music lessons for a while now, my teacher got me to do 'When You Believe' by Whitney Houston, which I loved but I wasn’t used to the R&B/Soul genre.

I love singing music from the Phantom of the Opera, Hayley Westenra and song such as Amazing Grace, Rainy Days and Mondays, that sort of thing; also I love Emmy Rossum, an American singer.
    Those genres and sounds really suit my voice and I sound so much better singing them, then when I try to do louder, rocky things.

Like I said I'm not fussed on becoming famous, I'd love nothing more then to touch people with my voice if I could, I want to help people that’s my main goal, if I can do so through singing, God bless and here I come!

And yeah I'm totally into singing songs that aren’t Christian, as well, that’s totally fine in fact I completely expect to.

Thanks for your help.

Also, I do write my own songs, well, have done a few.
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2010, 10:45 PM
    If you might have a number of Christian churches around where you live, have you considered asking the people in charge of the music at them if you could sing a solo sometime?

That would be one way to start getting exposure.
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2010, 01:51 AM
    I do hope that you return to here, EliseHaegler!

I was enjoying our dialogue here!

If you have written some of your own songs, I would also appreciate knowing about what you've written.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What Does It Take To Be A Christian? [ 60 Answers ]

What Does It Take To Be A Christian? So many churches say different things, And I want to know what your opinion is.

How do I become a famous christian singer when I'm already 30 years old? [ 8 Answers ]

I just turned 30 years old and I still really want to become a Christian singer.. I have been singing in my chruch for over 10 years. Many people have stated that I should make a record but there is a couple of problems: 1. I lack the finaces and 2. I don't want to go out of god's will to do...

Can a Singer Sewing Machine "singer merritt 4525" us a free motion foot [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I saw one that's cleaver and free-motion sewing machine foot being use. My sewing machine is a singer merrit 4525. Can I use a free-motion foot on it? Also, Does anyone know a place online to get or lookat a free manual for that model? Thank for the help, Kathy Hamann

Why, why would I want to be a Christian? [ 37 Answers ]

A homeless couple needed a place to live. I offered my spare rooms and bathroom and said that we could share the rest of the house until they got back on their feet. They asked if I was a Christian. I said that I was raised a Christian but was now a Wiccan. They said that they could not live with...

View more questions Search