Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WIGOUT4EVER Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2010, 06:26 PM
    Canker sore from food
    Why do acid(choc,tomato sauce,oj ) type food create so many canker sores. It doesn't take 5 minutes. Before I get one.its just feel like I'm missing a protecting layer in my mouth.
    I just darnk a glass of lemonade a day ago... and now I have five sores and one a 1/4 inch in size... this all started back about five years ago when sent to the hosipal with severe food poisoning. Please help
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2010, 07:50 PM
    Unfortunately the best thing for you to do is avoid eating and drinking the foods that cause the cankers. Be sure you are getting enough Vit B12, folic acid, iron, and zinc in your diet as a deficiency in these can increase your risk of getting cankers.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 25, 2010, 08:18 PM

My dad got canker sores every five minutes, it seemed. The culprits were anyy foods that were acidic -- especially any foods that contained tomatoes or lemons (citrus fruits). My mom gave him powdered alum (a drying agent) to apply with a Q-Tip to the sores. Ambesol is another help to numb the sores. I dab rubbing alcohol on the sores, and always end up screaming and jumping through the roof (but it does help dry them up).

Flossie's prevention recommendations are good ones.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Red tender sore on the top outter skin of his ear it is very sore to the touch [ 2 Answers ]

My dad has a red tender sore on the top outter skin of his ear it is very sore to the touch It leaks puss like yellow fluid all day. When he touches it, it hurts for minutes after He is in the sun a lot so he thinks it might be cancer. Would cancer have these symptoms also What do you...

Canker Sore! [ 3 Answers ]

I did not know where to post this so seeing as it is happening in my mouth dentistry seems the best choice. I have a horrible Canker sore on the inside of my lip, its swollen, and very UGLYY (no it is not a cold sore) I constantly get canker sores from either accidentally biting the inside of...

Tired, dizzy, headache, sore bones, sore throat [ 2 Answers ]

Tired, dizzy, headache, sore bones, sore throat what are this symptoms of ?

Sore Sore Sore throat [ 3 Answers ]

Hello again, Oh the ailments of winter. I've had the worst sore throat for about a week now and I was hoping someone could help me find some sort of remedy. Any suggestions are greatlyAppreciated :) Thanks:)

What is a canker sore? [ 4 Answers ]

What is a canker sore

View more questions Search