Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lidiacorrea Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2010, 02:23 PM
    If my plaintiff dismiss the case, he has to notify me
    My plaintiff told me they filed a dissmisal Of my case on June 21th, I have to respond to the Law sue, should I wait ro get the dissmisal before I answer
    Lidiacorrea Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2010, 02:40 PM
    How long is ir tales for dissmiss a case once u file and who notify me
    My plaintiff told me over the phone they request a dissmisal Of my case because I prove them that it does not proceed , do I still have to respond to Court before 30 days or should I wait for the dismissal? They server me on June,16 and they request the deismissal on June 21, how long is it takes?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 25, 2010, 05:38 PM

Yes,

Guess what the plaintiff normally ( if a collection company) lies. They will tell you anything esp that they will be dropping the case, and guess what, when you don't show up, they win and you are screwed since you can't prove they said that.

You assume they are still going to court, unless it is given to you in writing.
    If they actually asked for it to be dismissed, the court would have a record of it, and it is dismissed at once
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2010, 05:50 PM

Contact the court clerk and SEE if a dismissal has been filed in the case or not. I would send in an answer just to be on the safe side though so they don't get a default judgment against you for not answering the lawsuit summons.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 25, 2010, 05:56 PM

Please do not ask the same basic question over, you will not get more or better answers. It often takes several hours, to even several days for some experts to review questions.

I am closing this thread. Please merely add more info on your other thread to keep the discussion going ( answer your own question to add more info)

And no, you may not be notified, but again, expect them to lie to you so that you don't appear or respond, that way they win automatically, This is a very very common practice.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 25, 2010, 06:02 PM

Threads merged.

You continue as if the suit is continuing
    Until you get official notice of a dismissal, you assume the suit is continuing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

The judge dismissed my case because the plaintiff didn't show up [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, if there someone here knows about the law of the small claim please answer my few question regarding to my case. On Mar. 2, I appeared to the small claim and the plaintiff didn't show up and the judge dismissed the case and he said I won because the plaintiff didn't show and now they asked...

How to dismiss a change of custody case [ 1 Answers ]

I live in pinellas county Florida. My ex-husband filed a motion to change the custody of our daughter. Currently, we are charing her on a week to week basis. He gets her a week and I get her a week. How do I file a motion to dismiss the case? Ps: the case was filed in hillsborough county, FL.

Plaintiff has Chronic Paranoid Schizophrenia, can a motion to dismiss be filed ? [ 8 Answers ]

The Plaintiff has been diagnosed with Chronic Paranoid Schizophrenia by two different doctors and is receiving SSI for a mental disability. The Plaintiff is suing me for $9 million dollars for obtaining a Restraining Order on him because he threaten my life and family. The Plaintiff is my son. ...

Motion to dismiss a case [ 5 Answers ]

How do I file for motion to dismiss a case?

View more questions Search