Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Upsetsister2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2010, 01:29 PM
    How to evict a family member who is living in my fathers house
    My father had a heart attack and has moved in with my husband and I. He owns a home in another city here in Kansas. My brother took it upon himself to move into the house. At first he was not paying any of the utilities until I stopped paying them out of dad's money. He has not spoke to my dad in over two years and will not do any work on the house. He isn't paying rent. He will not work with me on any thing and is very verbally abusive. The is a shed that has to be tore down and the city is about to make my dad pay big money to have it done. I need to get my brother out of the house so I can get down there and get some things done to keep the city happy... How to I evict him?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 25, 2010, 01:39 PM

If your dad is of sound mind and you don't own the home yourself there is nothing you can do. As far as an eviction that's your dads business and your sidelined. Does your dad want to evict him from the home?
    How soon will your dad be returning to his own home?
    Upsetsister2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2010, 06:55 PM

My dad is 88 yrs old and doesn't remember things from one day to the next. I have dual power of attorney so I can take care of legal matters. My brother is distroying the house and isn't taking care of things. The city has sent a complaint out. I have to answer to the complaint and my brother is abusive... I have to go there and clean up the messes. So, I need to get him out so that I can take care of business

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I evict a family member that is living in my apartment [ 2 Answers ]

I am asking for my nephew who is having problems with his mother who lives in his apartment with him, his fiancé and their 1 year old daughter. He lives in Linden, NJ. He told his mom when they moved in that if she reverted back to using drugs (she was a recovering addict) that she would have to...

How to evict a family member [ 4 Answers ]

How do you evict an adult family member?

How to evict a family member [ 1 Answers ]

How do I evict a family member?

How to evict a Family member [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Im my mother's power of attorney. My 28 year old nephew (deceased brother's son) is refusing to pay room and board to my 80 year old mother. He only works part time . And rarely does anything for her. Im concerned for her safety . His mother ( ex sister-inlaw) and most of her family are...

View more questions Search