Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whitchurch Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Jun 25, 2010, 06:34 AM
    Central unit not cooling house
    Central a/c unit is blowing cool air. I set ac to 70 at night it cools to 70 in the day the temperature goes to 78. It is a little cool but I start to sweat a little. Last year the outside temp was 100 and I would set my ac to 73. That temp was cold cold. This year it is not working the same. At 70 it is not that cold. I got my ac cleaned and I have new filter. What can be wrong? It seems in the day time the ac does not blow a lot of air but at night it does. A service man is suppose to come out to check it but they always tell me nothing is wrong with my unit it is just hot. How can I get him to understand that it is not cooling the same?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2010, 07:18 AM
    (quote);; How can I get him to understand that it is not cooling the same?

Tuff question, maybe tell him 'if he don`t make it work to suit you, you not going to pay him'
    How old is the unit? When you got it cleaned did they clean outside condenser and the inside evaporater coil? Has the refrigerant level been checked? Is the humidity higher than normal?

Jun 25, 2010, 07:32 AM

Yes the unit has been clean on the inside and the outside. I have a contract that they work on my unit for free for 2 yrs. I paid for this agreement. It seem like the air is blowing cool air but there is humidity in the house. I think it is low on freon but how do you tell the service man that he needs to put freon in the system when he will just tell me it is full and nothing wrong with the unit.

Jun 25, 2010, 07:35 AM

My unit is 4 years old. 3 ton 14 series kenmore. My sq feet is 1500. The service man just keeps telling me it is hot outside and its not going to get any cooler in the house. I can't get them to understant it use to cool before. WHAT CAN I DO?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2010, 08:29 AM
    Pester them to death,hope they will do something,, maybe the BBB can help,after they quit trying to help you,,

,I will say that a 3 ton unit for a 1500 sq foot home is a little to big, is possible its not able to remove the humidity because of the oversize
    D1-TIC Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2010, 09:13 AM

You should be getting a 20 degree temperature drop through the cooling coils - easy to check.

D!-TIC

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Central Air Conditioning Unit Not Cooling [ 9 Answers ]

Last night my temperature was set on 77 degrees on my Central AC towards the end of the night, the house started getting hotter, I looked at the AC Thermostat and it read 83 degrees in the home and it never cooled off. This morning it still read 83 degrees and still warm and I turned the Central AC...

Central a/c unit -not cooling service man filled it with feon but still not cooling [ 7 Answers ]

I have a kenmore 3 ton 14 series unit. At night it cools good but day time it goes to 80 degrees. The compressor had a leak so the service man filled it up. Wasn't the service man suppose to change the dryer on it? The hose outside is not even cold and in the house it blows a little cool air but...

I have a central ac unit system. The cooling works but the heater doesn't run. [ 5 Answers ]

I have a central ac unit system in an apartment. Heating doesn't work,(NOT GAS OPERATED). Just hear a click sound on the inside part of the system when I switch the thermostat to the heating position but nothing happens.I also switched it to fan position but just air comes out but no heat. I wonder...

AC Unit not cooling whole house [ 1 Answers ]

The landlord just put in a brand new AC unit and it works great except for one of the bedrooms isn't getting cool. It's a 9 x 10 bedroom. The master bedroom which is a lot bigger than the room that isn't cooling and it gets very cold. This doesn't really make sense since it is a smaller bedroom...

AC Unit not cooling entire house [ 1 Answers ]

Our landlord just put in a brand new AC unit in our townhouse and it works great except for one bedroom (size 9X10). The whole entire house gets really cold except for this one bedroom. We've checked and the vent is definitely blowing out cold air but the room just never keeps cool. Does...

View more questions Search