Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Myralenore2900 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2010, 02:59 PM
    What should I do with this insecurity?
    Hello!

First of all I have been best friends with my friend for over 6 years now. We had our rough times and we had our good times and we came out of all pretty good. In relationships I've always had insecurities about trusting people so she pretty much is one person I trust by now. However lately, sometimes I feel like if I wasn't calling her or asking her if she wanted to hang, she would never call me! I know she has a rough job, a boyfriend and school so I don't think she has much time. But even when we do end up hanging out, I feel like I forced her or would have made her feel guilty about it if she didn't come. But then she would reasure me she wanted to. I have work and school also but why do I feel like I'm the only one willing to keep the relationship alive?
    Got any Ideas of what I should do?
    Thanks,
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Jun 24, 2010, 03:48 PM

If she says she wanted to hang out with you then I would think she means that.

Perhaps you're feeling a little unsure or insecure because she now has a b/f so is unable to spend as much time with you as she did before.

She may not have anywhere near as much free time on her hands as you do and that's why she doesn't call you so often.

I see my best girlfriend about once a year if that, but it doesn't mean she isn't still a good friend she is and I know if I ever needed her she would be there for me and I for her.

People change circumstances change, we have more free time or less free time, if we are friends though it doesn't mean we still aren't if we don't see each other as often or call each other as often , its just life...
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2010, 09:23 PM
    How old are the two of you?

What I've found in the past few years is that when we start taking on adult responsibility we have less time for the fun things. This might not even apply to you guys at all, but since getting married and buying a house, among other things I see my friends less. We still make it a point to get together every now and then for game nights or whatever, but we just don't have the time to hang out as frequently as we would like. Does that make sense or is that not even the case?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 24, 2010, 09:32 PM

Maybe she is just busier than you are.

I think that having more things to do with out her company would help, as life has a way of keeping us too occupied to do everything we would like too.
    Starry nights Posts: 213, Reputation: 104

Jun 25, 2010, 12:17 AM

All relationships in our lives involve a second person,on whom and whose life we really don't have any control.Hence,we also can't say why they react how they react,why they say what they say etc.

We can guess,at best,but might not even get anywhere near to the real explanation.

Just take her actions the way they are,at face value,till the time she explains/does something to prove your wrong.

And then,don't lose any sleep about it.Carry on with your life.Carry on normally for your part and don't analyse too much.Maybe its nothing.Or maybe a lot.Till the time you have facts,you can't take any action/do anything about it.Time will tell what all this is about.
    sully123 Posts: 567, Reputation: 148

Jun 25, 2010, 06:00 AM

She just seems real busy! I don't think she means to hurt you anyway when your trying to keep the friendship going. I wouldn't take it personal. Maybe, just back off a little bit, and let her get in touch with you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jealousy and Insecurity [ 5 Answers ]

I met my boyfriend when I was 18 and he was 22. It took no time at all for me to recognize just how amazing of a person he is. It was even a little intimidating at first. I have struggled with weight for most of my life and never really developed the self-esteem required to pursue men. This one, in...

Insecurity [ 24 Answers ]

I recently got married but before I married my wife she wanted to break up. Her reasoning is she wanted to be alone. She broke up but she went and talked to two of her ex's could that be the cause of insecurity?

Female Insecurity [ 3 Answers ]

My wife suffers from massive insecurity problems, I have tried everyway there is to assure her that there is no need for it, is there any alternative or normal medicine which is available which may help this? Salix

Dealing with my insecurity [ 7 Answers ]

Me and my girl have been dating for 8 months now. We have had some rough patches but now we seem to be fine. My problem is that I will ask her why she don't do certain things that much anymore for example Tonight we got into somewhat of an argument because I asked her why she don't talk about us...

Me and my insecurity [ 5 Answers ]

What are some tips I can work on about being Insecure in my relationship? I don't believe that I am I just don't trust my boyfriends friends and I think they would influence him to do something and I know they cheat on their girlfriends so if he likes to hang out with them then how do I know he...

View more questions Search