Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hrtandconfused143 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2010, 09:47 PM
    Can't decide what to do
    I have been trying to figure out what I wanted to do next with my life. I have 2 options, go to school or join the military. I only mention the military because my girlfriend and I just broke up, and I just want to get away from everything that reminds me of her. So any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2010, 11:01 PM
    Hi, hrtandconfused143!

If you join the military, you'll most likely be able to get tuition help for going to school after your enlistment period. Plus, you can learn things while your in the military that can help you to get a job right away when you get out.

If you just go to school, where might you be thinking of going and what might you also be thinking of as far as a major, please?

Thanks!
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2010, 05:53 AM

If your going to make big life decisions think with a clear head, not a broken heart.

Do you have to sign a contract in the military?

Just think through your decision before you make the leap.
    hrtandconfused143 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2010, 06:38 AM
    I was going to go to school to be an airplane mechanic.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2010, 09:07 AM

If that was your plan all along then stick with it,if its what you want to do.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 24, 2010, 10:30 AM

The Air Force is a great place to learn to be an airplane mechanic. Any military experience is a good long term plan for life. Highly recommended. A great way to pay for college to, but look into it and get the facts, before you sign up. Just to see if that's a good fit for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How old should she be to decide [ 3 Answers ]

My step daughter is 10. My husband and the child's mother have had shared custody since the child was 4 months old. Today she told her mother that she wants to spend more time with her, live with her a few more times a week. She spends a week there and a week with her father. We only live 5...

Can't Decide. [ 7 Answers ]

Ever since I was a child I've wanted to be a veterinarian. I currently work in a vet clinic as a Veterinarian Technician. I love my job I love what I do. For the past few years I've also thought about being a forensic scientist or a Crime scene investigator. I don't really know if I want to be a...

Trying to decide [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all. OK so if I finally break down and buy a system which one woukd be best? I like guitar hero and racing games. Grand theft auto but I haven't played it since the first one. I also like the golfing and bowling on wii, only ones I ever did. I guess I would have to give up something no matter...

I can't decide [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone suggest how I should pick a major? I'm interested in graphic design, but have not had much access to computers, photography-but no practice, clothing design-but can't afford a fashion school, and psychology- but I have a lot of tattoos would anyone hire me ? Please help I'm so confused.

How do I decide? [ 1 Answers ]

I am so stuck it's unbelievable! I'm currently doing my A-levels and am supposed to be applying for university now but I just have no idea what I want to do. None of my friends seem to be quite so indecisive and I feel so pressured to make up my mind it's making me ill. I used to want to go into...

View more questions Search