Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    erikalb Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2010, 02:43 PM
    Can mother get father's rights terminated for no reason of 5 mo of baby
    If parents have broken up and mother is threatening to take baby (5 mo) out of state and try to get fathers rights terminated. There is no just cause. He takes care of baby.

Jun 23, 2010, 02:45 PM
    Who do you contact to try to get custody of baby if father
    Who do you contact to try and get primary custody of baby? Mother does not have permanent address since moving with baby.

Jun 23, 2010, 02:58 PM
    Can a mother take a baby out of state if father does not want her to?
    Mother wants to take child out of state away from father out of spite, can this be done if they have been living together and he has been taking care of baby?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2010, 03:33 PM

Are they married? Who has custody - if they are not married?

Has he been determined by the Court to be the father?

In theory (a little depends on the State) - if he has not been proven to be the father he has no rights until the Court gives him rights.

Therefore, yes, she can leave with the child -

Some of this depends on the age of the child.
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2010, 03:34 PM

Please stop posting variations of the same question. I have asked that all of your questions be combined.

I notice your threads have different info - on one, she might be leaving; on this one, she has left. Which is it?
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2010, 03:34 PM

Please post all of your questions on one thread - I also notice that the facts vary from post to post.

Please state what the facts truly are or else answering you is a waste of time. I have attempted to answer on one of your other threads.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 23, 2010, 04:07 PM

I have merged your questions, do NOT ask another one, merely answer this one with the proper and correct info we need.

1. where do they live, if US , state
    2. are they married, is the father on the birth certificate
    3. is there any custody order in place ?

If there is no custody order the father needs to file for one now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father's rights to an unborn baby [ 12 Answers ]

I have just been recently informed that I am going to be a dad, and I love the thought of it. I was just wondering about my rights with regards to the status of the unborn child.. for example... What are my rights with regards to check up visits? I want to be a part of everything with regards to...

What happens to child support if the mother has her parental rights terminated [ 5 Answers ]

My question is: my husband pays child support for his son 14 and he now want to live with us. The child support order was done in Mass. And she lives in Arizona and we live in Nevada. She has made no attempet to stop the child support order nor do I think she will. But now she is relinquishing her...

Rights of mother who's parental rights have been terminated [ 5 Answers ]

I am engaged to a man who is divorced and has a 3.5 year old son. The birth mother signed over parental rights in the 12th Judicial Circuit in Florida in Nov 2006 and has not seen her son since then. We are looking into filing the adoption paperwork a year after we marry so that I am legally...

Can the father's of my boy's rights be terminated? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an 8 yr old son who has only seen his father,maybe 3 times since he has been born. He lives in Maine and barely pays Child Support. He has been out of his life for well over a consecutive year. My other son is 5 years old and has only seen his father 6 times since our divorce in 2004. He had...

Father's rights over young baby [ 3 Answers ]

My brother and his partner have recently had a baby. Their relationship has always been rocky and they have split up countless times, leading the family to be concerned about whether it was a good idea for them to have a child - but nothing was said either to him or her about our concerns. The...

View more questions Search