Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shawntayontay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2010, 11:36 AM
    How To Become a Singer At Age 13?
    I am 13 turning 14 in a couple more months. ( ; &my dream is to be a singer. &everytime I sing to myself I sound good. &on the phone I sound good also. So when I sang to my friends they said I was amazing ! ;D I was really happy &proud of myself. I wanted to sing in my schools talent show but it comes sometimes.. &its been my 2nd year about to be 3rd year in this school &the talent show hasn't come. They suppose to have it last year but I guess not.. ;[ then came this day when I sang to my sister she laughed& made fun of me &said even though I can sing there's no way you can be one. There's over 200 people out there that can sing better than me &they can't be a singer.. I was really crying that night in the bathroom and said to myself what will happen if I quit all of my dreams? Everythings unfair! I want to help the homeless every time I drive pass them... ;'[ they seem so hungry &i want to help... theres nothing possible that I can do. I'm not rich. Or anything... :'( &my dad left me since I was a baby. He never contacted me or say happy birthday when its my birthday. :( it feels like I'm poor! ='( everything about me is useless! But back to singing... even though I find a studio for me to record it would be wayy too expensive.. I mean I don't want to use my moms money. I don't work or anything. I want to encourage my own dream myself. Because doing it myself is the key to success. (: all I got to do is take a step back and realize... &it never works. &i am wondering do I just take a step back or just keep my dream up till I find the right thing to do for myself? Or anything you want to say. -i'd be veryyyy appreciated if you can comment back (: thank you sooo much! <3
    monique_duh Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2010, 11:45 AM
    Well I am the same age && I love to sing like you && people tell me I sound great. but I never like to really sing in front of people. I'm not shy. but when it comes to singing I am.. ii thought about being a singer but its very hard. You would have to live in a place where a lot of people get discovered or get on some kind of talent show. Also have a back-up plan in case things don't turn out like you dream.
    hannahbanana16 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2010, 09:56 PM
    I'm also the same age and have the same dream all I can say is keep trying! Don't give up no matter what!!
    hannahbanana16 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2010, 09:56 PM
    I'm also the same age and have the same dream all I can say is keep trying! Don't give up no matter what!!
    famousismygoal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2010, 07:46 AM
    I'm a year younger and I want to become a producer, I need a singer but I can't find any one. I want someone a little older than me like 14 or 13 even 20 or something but I'm desperate. I have the track and the lyrics but no one to fit the song. I live in Florida and some advise for you is to put on a show at the park and sing, and ask people to donate. If your shy then you'll never really know if your any good. Ask some people from your school choir and maybe you can get discovered or on 7 news. Make sighs and poster, look pretty and make a YouTube account. It's that easy, but having the guts to do so is hard:)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2010, 12:25 AM
    Hi, All!

If you can sing, you're already a singer. If you mean somebody is a "singer" because of a particular reason or reasons, I would appreciate it if you would explain why and how. Now, if you want to be a famous singer, then that all depends on what you mean by being "famous".

Also, it's actually possible for a person to become famous in many ways being a singer without having to spend any money.

Thanks!
    stephaniexxxx06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2010, 07:28 AM
    I understand all of you I'm pretty shy when I sing in front of people, but they are the sort of people who think theey are better than you at everything when I'm 16 I'm thinking of going on xfactor but I'm trying to find the right song but its so hard to find it I hope I get to my dream and I hope you do as well xxxxx <3 xxxx
    JaydaLovesYou Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2010, 12:53 PM
    I have the same dream. Here's my goals, maybe you can copy? Im 12 going on 13 in February of 2011.
    1. Get drivers license
    2. Go to school...
    3. Graduate from high school, go to college in California and major in teaching (For a stable job while I get my career off the ground). Go to auditions on days off.
    4. Become a teacher (Choose kind later) and write and record songs in studio.
    5. Find a record dealer somehow... Or sell my songs on a music sharing website (I could do that now if I wanted to. I have a classmate who is also 12 and has 3 albums and is an actress. She used a website. Heard of Jenna Rose (Swerdlow)?)
    6. Have concerts, try out for movies.
    7. Live a happy life :)
    prettynitaab Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Nov 26, 2010, 10:20 PM
    Hi my name is charnita and I can sing at the age of 13
    benedict426 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jan 25, 2012, 09:08 PM
    There is this website called ace-your-audition.com I think you should take a look because people who sit on their couches rarely become famous. Going to all sorts of auditions and record companies is the best way to get your name out there which is the best way to get "discovered" reply with any further questions
    1Dstolemyhrt Posts: 3, Reputation: 3

Mar 31, 2013, 08:04 AM
    I would love to be a singer. It would be great to have someone to support me. If you tell me what kind of songs they are and I can relate to them, Maybe if you wouldn't mind producing for me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a Singer Sewing Machine "singer merritt 4525" us a free motion foot [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I saw one that's cleaver and free-motion sewing machine foot being use. My sewing machine is a singer merrit 4525. Can I use a free-motion foot on it? Also, Does anyone know a place online to get or lookat a free manual for that model? Thank for the help, Kathy Hamann

What if you're an under age drinker in Miami County, OH age 18 What are charges? [ 3 Answers ]

What if you're an under age drinker in Miami County, OH (age 18), what are possible charges when appearing in court? Should you have a lawyer?

How to become a famous singer at age 13 [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my names sophie I love singing I sand solo in front of my school twice and I sang live on TV with my school choir my music teacher says I have an amazing voice and hopefully I will go far in live with it so please please help me Thanks Xxxxxxxxxx

How do I become a singer at age 11 [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I am 11 years old how do I become a singer now!I love singing and I want to be a singer as soon as possible

View more questions Search