Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cindyluwho602003 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2010, 11:07 AM
    We sold our house, bought a vacant 14 acres, put a travel trailer on it to live in.
    We plan to build in the summer. A nasty neighbour across the road, reported us to the township. Apparently you can't live in anything other than a house. The tow
    Just a quick question.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 23, 2010, 11:13 AM

So what exactly did the township officials say to you? How is it zoned and what is allowed by code?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2010, 03:35 PM

Hello c:

Move to the far corner of your 14 acres and put up a tall fence.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 23, 2010, 04:04 PM

All land is zoned, and you can't build, live or do thing on the land, unless you have a permit.

You will have to get permits for septic systems, permits for building, in many rual areas if you have to bull doze for the house area, you may even have to do environmental impact studies.

You can't just move a trailer onto property where temp housing is not allowed ( zoned for it) as you can in down town Atlanta or LA. Being rual does not mean there are not laws.

If I owned a nice pretty home ( did not say about your neighbor) and someone moved a camping trailer across the street, lowing my property value, I would be at the zoning office myself.

I will assume you did not go over and meet the neighbor and explain it all before you moved there??

So what you are saying, you wanted to move in and not follow the zoning rules, ( what in the heck is children aid have to do? ) but if you are not going to follow the rules moving in, neighbors will only expect it to get worst
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 24, 2010, 08:00 AM

I do not believe rural is a type of zoning, more of a general description. Is it zoned agricultural or commercial. The neighbor may be a crab but it seems you could have unknowingly violated the law. Good answers from everyone. If you had tried to get a permit you would have found out much earlier that this was not allowed. Do you know the actual zoning designation yet?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I bought a trailer; people still living there. How do I get them out? [ 4 Answers ]

I bought a mobile home with people still living in it, that refuse to move. The previous owner sold us this place by buying out their contract cause they have not made a payment since this last February. The previous owners have already contacted an attorney about us buying the place and he said...

If I am married with kids can my spouse put me out the house I live in Mississippi [ 1 Answers ]

I am married and having problems with my mate he has another woman and has told me he going to put me out the can he do this even though I have kids and the place we have is in both of our names

I bought a bike and the person I bought from sold it [ 6 Answers ]

I bought 2 dirt bikes the were listed on carig list in ny so I want and saw the bike and agreed that I will give him the full asking price for both which was $650 total of $1300. I paid in cash I get a resit and a bill of sale for both. I told him I was going to get the bikes in couple of weeks...

Sold the puppy I bought her [ 11 Answers ]

I was in a long distance relationship with a very high maintntce girl, for whatever reason I saw myself moving up to virginia with her, so I bought us a dog, and sent it up to her until I would be ready to move up there as well. Long story short, I broke up with her for good reasons, and she...

Deposit on Horse Trailer dealer sold it [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I live in New York State. On April 1st. I put an $1800. Deposit on a horse trailer with the full purchase price being $4750. The trailer was at a body shop having some warranty work done on it. I was given until April 15th to pay for the trailer and pick it up. I contacted the dealer on April...

View more questions Search