Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jetlag Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2006, 07:00 PM
    Replacing Dishwasher
    I'll be replacing a 16 plus yr old Whirpool Dishwasher soon.
    1. Anyone know if there are any brands that stand out above the rest?
    2. Is it a good idea to buy extended warranty for a dishwasher?

Thanks... (I've got to go wash dishes now)
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2006, 10:52 PM
    Matag is a good respected brand.
    About the warranty, it will have a good warranty on the machine, and any machine should last well past the warranty, so it is very possible that you would have to purchase an extended warranty after the first extended warranty expires to ever get any benefit out of them. By then you will have an old dishwasher that you have paid a lot for extended warranties on. So do the math.
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Dec 13, 2006, 03:52 PM
    In my opinion:

Simple is best. I wouldn't spend $1,000 for a dishwasher with all the unnessesary bells and whistles. Just a simple dishwasher with an ordinary mechanical timer works fine.

When your warranty does run out, and it has a problem, it is easier to diagnose and parts are cheaper.

Remember, the $1,000 dishwaser and the $250 dishwasher perform the same task:
    Pump hot water over dishes to clean. Get one with a pots and pans or "heavy" cycle.

The cheap one might not tell you "good morning" when you enter the room, but you won't be in here asking about what a E5 code means either..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing a shower. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. I'm replacing a shower that was a one-piece moulded unit. It leaked, so I bought a replacement unit to install. All is fine, except when I go to connect the drain. The trap and drain is 1 1/2" pipe and there is a nut at the top of the pipe. The drain that I have is for a 2" pipe and is...

New dishwasher [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Rather new to this I'm afraid so please excuse me for being a little blonde. I live in a rented house and the landlords dishwasher went wrong recently so he had it removed but not replaced. Have managed to get a 2nd hand one but no instructions with it (DOH! ) Anyway this new one has 2 pipes...

Replacing old thermostat [ 6 Answers ]

I bought a new thermostat (digital 7 day programable) for the main part of the house, and I was going to move the old digital to the "gas fire place heated room". My problem... there are only 2 wires coming out of the wall going to the gas fire place. The old one had 3 from the wall and the RC...

Dishwasher [ 1 Answers ]

My Whirlpool Quiet Partner 1 always has water on the indside door when I unload it. My silverware basket is in the door, so my utensils are wet. Is this a defect in the dishwasher or is my drain line responsible? My dishwasher is only 6 months old!

View more questions Search