Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Junedog Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2010, 02:21 AM
    Is it normal having many random erections?
    I really want to know why I have so many random erections... I could be drawing, emailing someone, or even doing absolutely nothing... but these random erections just keep coming up, and I feel ashamed because of it...
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 23, 2010, 02:52 AM
    How old are you?

Jun 23, 2010, 03:04 AM
    Comment on J_9's post
    19 years old...
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jun 23, 2010, 04:14 AM

Just to make certain that his age is noticeable:
    Junedog : 19 years old...
    Yes, it is very common. Don't feel ashamed. From what my husband tells me every young male goes through the same thing.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 23, 2010, 05:37 AM
    We only ask the age question because this forum is for people over the age of 18. Since you did not state your age in your OP, we had to ask.

Now, as Cat said, yes. It's very normal.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jun 23, 2010, 08:43 AM

Random wood is embarrassing, but it happens and it is normal. You shouldn't be ashamed of it. It is a part of life.

Think of all the women that curse that cold breeze that stiffens their nipples for the world to see. It is just the way things are. No one is immune.

Jun 23, 2010, 09:00 AM
    Comment on J_9's post
    All right...

Jun 23, 2010, 09:02 AM
    Comment on CravenMorhead's post
    all right... but I feel ashamed of it because it happens all the time... and usually random perverted thoughts comes along, accompanying it, making it even worse...
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jun 23, 2010, 09:43 AM

Replying to a user is usually better than leaving reputation.

The accompanying perverted thoughts aren't really perverted, they're just fantasies. There is nothing wrong with sitting on a park bench watching the women/world go by and contemplating dirty things. It'll probably give you wood too.

You're still young, the good/bad news is that this will continue on into adulthood. Sure it happens all the time, there is nothing to be ashamed about. There are a lot of people that will tell you that this should be a source of shame, but that just isn't true.

Also, if you're exploring some of your different kinks through fantasy there is nothing to be ashamed of. If you're getting turned on my BSDM, than it would be no surprised that you're imagining the person setup in a dungeon. It is your mind and body doing what a young man's mind and body does. Imagine all the different ways it can procreate.

Accept and enjoy your 'perverted' thoughts. It will set you free.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 23, 2010, 09:49 AM

This is just part of being a man. Please don't let anyone tell you this is shameful, because it's not. Every man experiences this. Every single one.

Don't punish yourself for your thoughts and your bodies reaction to those thoughts. Totally normal. Really it is.
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jun 23, 2010, 03:40 PM

Use the "Answer this question" box below.

So... what is wrong with masturbating? I masturbate at least once a day, sometimes more. There is nothing wrong with that. At least you're doing it with someone you love. :-)

You're not a sex-crazed pervert. Most men masturbate. It is completely normal. Don't worry about it. There is only the shame that you impose on yourself. You need to realize that there is no problem with this. We can tell you until we are blue in the face, but until you realize it it will just be words to the wind.

The bottom line is that there is nothing wrong with masturbating, or with getting random wood, or have fantasies. It is all part of being human, they might seem like baser emotions, but we are still animalistic in this regard.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 23, 2010, 03:59 PM

Yes, assuming you are really 19?? Have you lived a more sheltered life, where sex was considered something bad?

So you get hard, when you get 60 you will be paying big money for pills to make you do that.

And what is perverted about sexual thoughts, ( OK, unless you include farm animals) Sex and thoughts about sex is a normal part of growing up,
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jun 23, 2010, 04:03 PM

Junedog, while there are some lines you should be careful about crossing (fantasizing about young children or animals for example), other people around you probably have the same thoughts you are having and getting aroused.

Masturbation like most things is great as long as it doesn't affect other areas of your life such as your playing when you should be working or in class or if you are so used to the feeling of your own hand that no other forms of pleasure give you any pleasure.

Being 'normal' is nothing to be 'ashamed' of.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2010, 10:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Junedog View Post
    Comments on this post
    Junedog : Alright... thanks... but I'm ashamed at myself... because it makes me want to masturbate, sometimes once or twice a day... maybe even more... I don't want to be called a sex-crazed pervert... and what I do makes me feel like I am one.
    Don't sweat it , it's very normal.

As for masturbation , well 95% of men admit to it , the other 5% are liars ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

14 hour erections [ 3 Answers ]

I get an erection that lasts up to 14 hours. It is not like a normal erection it is harder than normal and gets very painful. I have tried to masturbate or have sex with it to get rid of it but it is too sensitive and too painful to do this. The times that I have managed to masturbate with it the...

To many erections [ 33 Answers ]

I keep getting erections from almost anything what do I do

I'm 18 and I get erections very often, [ 7 Answers ]

I wonder why am I getting erection so often... I'm about to turn 18 and I get many erections throughout the day, and I can say that I'm having many more than when I was 13, 14, of 15... why is it happening? I thought you would get more on your early teenage years...

Too Many Erections [ 14 Answers ]

I'm 52 years old, married and I find that I still get erections all the time. It takes very little to arouse me and it's becoming a real problem. I thought that it might get better as I get older but nothing seems to change. Does anyone know of anything that reduces sex drive?

Random erections [ 12 Answers ]

I was just wondering why is it, I tend to have just random erections? I could be simply playing a game, driving home from work, going to work, going to the store, trying to sleep, no matter what I am doing, just out of the blue, I get an erection. Any thoughts?

View more questions Search