Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cynthia duffy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2006, 05:13 PM
    Gliding dresser drawers
    I am in the process of purchasing a set of 2 dressers for a nursery. The dressers are in good condition, but the drawers do not pull out as easily as I would prefer. Are there any reliable remedies for this. I would like to buy the set, but I would prefer the drawers to slide in and out a lot easier.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Dec 12, 2006, 06:09 PM
    Short of putting in glider tracks which is a royal pain, I use candle wax from stubs I intend to toss, and in a pinch soap, that I rub on the wood parts that need to slide. Oil isn't a good idea. I have built-in hefty wood drawers all over our old house. Once a year maybe I give whatever is sticking too much a good coating but then I am not pulling them in and out every day too. Maybe there is some teflon product that would work. Home improvement is changing all the time - maybe check with Lowe's or Home Depot too?
    CleverGirl Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2007, 11:41 AM
    What valinors said...

You can also try rubbing a bar of soap on the contact points/runners...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dresser drawer keeps opening [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a new dresser that has drawers that are on rails. One of the drawers, when full, will not stay shut. Is there a way to tighten it on the rail?

Swollen dresser drawers [ 1 Answers ]

It was very humid this summer and now some of my dresser drawers are swollen and I am unable to open them. What can I do to enable them to be opened again?

Dresser drawers are leaving sawdust [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a wooden dresser, and the drawers slide in and out by themselves - there are no runners and it looks I haven't the room to add any. Because the wood in the drawers is running against the wood of the case, sawdust is created and lands on my clothes inside the drawer. I had heard there...

View more questions Search