Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shunt311 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2006, 04:54 PM
    Kenmore 80 Series Dryer
    HELP PLEASE!! OK I don't want to pay $200+ for a fix that's under $80. My kenmore 80 series electric dryer will only start in the wrinkle guard mode (no heat), anything setting with heat and it won't start. I checked the internal safety fuse and it passes a current. So could it be the heating element?? And how much round about would that cost? I don't think it's the selection dial but what do I know. Can any one help?
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Dec 13, 2006, 03:58 PM
    Based on your description, it sounds like the timer has gone bad. You say it will start in the wrinkle mode. Then that tells me that everything does in fact work on the drying end, including the element, yet in other modes, it won't. Seem to me, the timer can be the only thing to stand in the way.

In order to know for sure, you will need to troubleshoot, but if you just wanted to take a gamble, Id say replace the timer and see what happens. If it gets over $100, you might consider replacing the dryer with a used, or cheap replacement.
    rosemary792 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2012, 02:50 PM
    I have a Kemore 80 Series Dryer. My drum belt broke and my Idler & Slide Assemly fell on the bottom floor. To have someone come out to install the part is $129.00 flat rate. This is a job that requires about 20 minutes to a professional. If someone can tell me where the Idler & Slide Assemly goes, I'll do it myself.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jan 9, 2012, 03:32 PM
    See this web page for instruction on replacing belt.

How to Replace a Belt on a Kenmore Dryer 80 Series | eHow.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heating element Kenmore 70 series electric dryer [ 6 Answers ]

When I start the dryer the heating element gets hot for about 5 seconds then blows a fuse. The dryer will still cycle, but never get hot again. I replaced the fuses and no luck. When I took the plate off I can see that it is getting hot. There are 5 coils and it appears that the top 3 coils are...

Kenmore 80 Series Washer [ 5 Answers ]

My 80 Series Kenmore washer does not stop filling with water. How do I fix

Kenmore Heavy Duty Dryer 80 series [ 4 Answers ]

Our dryer will not keep running. We have a Sears Kenmore Heavy Duty Dryer - 80 series, electric. When you push the button for it to start tumbling, it will not go. It was running about a week ago, then while in the cycle it stopped. Every now and then the dryer will start when you push in the...

Kenmore washer 70 series [ 0 Answers ]

:( belt came off how do I put it back on correctly, because I don't have the manual or the money to pay someone to do it.

View more questions Search