Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skyjimsun Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2010, 02:37 PM
    Electrical power source in house wiring
    How do you determine if the power source is coming to a ceiling fixture then to the wall switch or vise-a-versa.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 22, 2010, 02:41 PM

Open both boxes, disconnect the black wire in each box and test is the short cut. You need a meter or tester, kill the power while you are disconnecting and connecting but not during the testing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical Source Wiring [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to install a new 2-speed pump for my pool. The controller is an Intermatic multipurpose control, which is different from my old junction box. The power pvc pipe from the electrical box has two black wires and one white wire in it. The white wire goes to a terminal on one side of...

I want to install a run capacitor to my house electrical power supply, is it possible [ 1 Answers ]

My purpose is to save the energy consumption which is normally goes by reactive power. I want to get the get the store of electrical to minimize the power consumption which normally goes up by the number of start-up of the compressor.

Electrical partial-power-loss power to the outlet on one side and the ground [ 2 Answers ]

I have partial-power-loss as a result of a heater and christmas tree plugged in the same line in my home. The problem I 'm having is that each outlet that was affected still has 115V on ether side and ground , is this the result of a hot attaching itself to ground somewhere in my wall? And how...

Wiring double lighting switch, one source of power. [ 0 Answers ]

I would like to wire a porch light to one switch and a ceiling rose to the other switch. I have three cables into the fitting wall box, each with a black wire, earth wire and red wire. Only one of the cables carries power on the red wire. I believe one of the cables is the switch wire...

Power Source For New Sconces [ 4 Answers ]

I Have Two Sconces To Install. Where Can Draw Power From. They Must Be Wired To A Switch. Can I Draw Power From A Nearby Switch? If So Would I Just Run A Pigtail From The Existing Switch To The New One, Install Them Both In A Double Switch Box And Run A 14/2 Cable To Junction Box Splicing ...

View more questions Search