Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SueLee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2010, 01:41 PM
    If on probation, why would the Judge have any say on what you do?
    If on probation why does the Judeg haveany say on what you do as long as you meet your requirements?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2010, 02:26 PM

I don't know exactly what you mean - what type of say? What specifically do you need to know?

In general the Judge orders probation and then it's up to the PO to monitor a person. The Judge does not get involved again unless the person violates in some way and, in some cases, at the very end of probation.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 22, 2010, 05:12 PM

The judge orders the probation, he is the one with the final say about all aspects of that probation
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2010, 05:19 PM
    The reason you were put on probation is just the 'laws' punishment,the judge can tell you in order to be compliant to his ruling,you might have to,say, wait on seniors at a retirement home.. Is this what you are referring to?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2010, 10:01 AM
    When you are on probation it means that you are still essentially in jail but are allowed to live in your own home and sleep in your own bed. And yes, the Judge CAN and WILL tell you what you can and can't do while on probation. But the PO is the one who will be his eyes and ears to monitor you and your behavior while on probation. If the PO deems your bad/inappropriate behavior worthy of the Judge's attention there will be a VOP hearing held at which time the PO presents his evidence against you and you present your reason/excuse for the behavior and the Judge rules accordingly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Early termination of probation/ Letter to judge [ 6 Answers ]

My probation officer is trying to get me off probation early... I need to write a letter to my judge saying how I have changed and so on. What do I write help!

Example of a letter written to the judge to get off probation [ 4 Answers ]

I have wrote a letter asking to get early termination of my community control. I got 18 months and I have done 9months now half my sentence. I sent 1 letter already asking to get early termination and the States Attorney denied me so I was wanting to try again but I don't have an idea of what to...

My friend violated probation and has been in jail two weeks and hasn't seen a judge ye [ 1 Answers ]

My friends been in jail 2 weeks without seeing a judge for violating probation PB15. He was supposed to go to court in gloucester but newport news jail never let gloucester know he was there. Now he has to wait 2 months until his next hearing in gloucester. Is this legal?

What to do when the judge won't enforce the probation on my child [ 8 Answers ]

I live in the state of Mississippi. I have a 16 year old daughter who is on probation who has repeatedly violated probation yet the judge seems to have no interest in enforcing the probation that he himself imposed. What can I do as a parent to get him to enforce the probation. My daughter is...

What can I do about an unfair probation officer & circuit court judge? [ 1 Answers ]

Isn't there anything I can do about a prejudiced probation officer and a judge who believes her, in spite of the facts? It's costing me thousands to fight a false-positive drug test, despite numerous websites that say hydrocodone (Norco, which I have a prescription for) will show up as a positive...

View more questions Search