Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fortal12 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2010, 11:54 AM
    Deceding gum at one tooth.
    Hi. I have a labret piercing and for the first few months I was wearing a bad ring which caused deceding of the gum at my front down tooth. Now I wear a much better ring. Is it bad for my gum?? Will it heal again?
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2010, 05:44 AM

Any kind of jewelry in the lip can cause the gum tissue to recede. The only way to replace the tissue that is gone is to have surgery but I wouldn't recommend doing the surgery until you have decided not to wear the ring anymore.

Jun 23, 2010, 08:48 AM

Oh! But do I HAVE to have the surgery?
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2010, 09:52 AM
    No, you can choose not to have the surgery, it's your mouth.

Jun 23, 2010, 10:58 AM

Thank you very much :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Broken off tooth at gum line. [ 3 Answers ]

Please help. My dentist says that I have 4 teeth, all have had root canals and have a cap, that are badly decayed under the cap and have to be pulled. He's afraid they may break off. How would he get the tooth (roots) out if the tooth breaks off? Will I feel anything? Also, I have a tooth that has...

Recceding gum on one tooth [ 3 Answers ]

My son (25) has one tooth (lower front) that the gum has receded a lot in a very short time. The gum still looks pink. I have never seen anything like it before and it wasn't there at his last Dental visit. Any clue what could have caused this?

About piece of tooth in my gum [ 1 Answers ]

I have a knot on my gum where my tooth was pulled 6-7 weeks ago & it hurts plus now it is swelling. The nurse told me that the dentist here leaves a piece of tooth in when he pulls a jaw tooth. Have you ever heard of anything like that?

Very painful tooth/gum pain [ 2 Answers ]

I have been having persistent pain under my back tooth not long after having had a cavity repaired. That occurred more than 4 months ago. Since then the tooth has been sensitive to the point that biting down is painful. About a month ago it really hurt and became very sensitive to hot and cold. I...

Raw gum behind wisdom tooth. [ 2 Answers ]

I was brushing my teeth last night and notices that there was some blood when I spit, I rinsed well and listerined. I also use a water pik. This morning when I was brushing My gum behind my wisdom tooth was real sore, raw feeling. Could this be the beginning of an absess or should I worry about it.

View more questions Search