Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 8, 2010, 04:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by De Maria View Post
    You're thinking of Jesus as though His Divinity is separate from His humanity. But His humanity was always subject to His Divinity.
    I don't agree. I've always heard they were co-existent, in equal measure.

And Mary wasn't the mother of God.
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2010, 04:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I don't agree. I've always heard they were co-existent, in equal measure.
    You can't measure Divinity. You are either Divine or not. Jesus wasn't a piece of God. Jesus is God.

And Mary wasn't the mother of God.
    If Jesus is God. Then Mary is the Mother of God. Because Jesus was God from all eternity. And God humbled Himself to be born of a woman.

God passed through Mary's birth canal and was born.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 8, 2010, 04:47 PM
    You can't measure Divinity. You are either Divine or not. Jesus wasn't a piece of God. Jesus is God.
    When Jesus was born and while He walked this earth, He was both God and man, in equal measure. He was unique, and a mystery.
    If Jesus is God. Then Mary is the Mother of God.
    Jesus was both God and man. Mary was Jesus' (not God's) mother. Upon Resurrection, Jesus assumed the fullness of His God-ness.
    God passed through Mary's birth canal and was born.
    Good grief!
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2010, 05:03 PM
    When Jesus was born and while He walked this earth, He was both God and man, in equal measure. He was unique, and a mystery.
    The mystery is that God would become man. But that doesn't mean that God equals man.

Jesus was both God and man. Mary was Jesus' (not God's) mother. Upon Resurrection, Jesus assumed the fullness of His God-ness.
    Yes, Mary is God's mother. God was carried in her womb, God was born of Mary, God sat on her knees and suckled at her teat. God, the Second Person of the Holy Trinity was Mary's little boy.

Good grief!
    What? That's what happens when children are born.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 8, 2010, 05:50 PM
    The mystery is that God would become man. But that doesn't mean that God equals man.
    The state of Jesus Christ was divine, yet he did not cling to equality with God but emptied himself to assume the condition of a slave, and became as we are: and being as we are, he was humbler yet, even to accepting death, death on a cross.. . (Philippians 2:6-11)
    Yes, Mary is God's mother.
    Mary was Jesus' mother.
    What? That's what happens when children are born.
    I missed that part and used Lamaze. (P.S. We don't suffer "grief." They're called contractions.)
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2010, 07:21 PM
    The state of Jesus Christ was divine, yet he did not cling to equality with God but emptied himself to assume the condition of a slave, and became as we are: and being as we are, he was humbler yet, even to accepting death, death on a cross.. . (Philippians 2:6-11)
    That doesn't address the question Wondergirl.
    Divinity is greater even then all men combined. Divinity is that God in whom we live, breathe and are. Divinity is not constrained by time or space. Divinity is greater than the entire cosmos and yet smaller than the smallest atom.

This is the Divinity which Christ "shares" with the entire Trinity. There is only one Divinity. One God.

And Jesus is God and God can't sin.

Mary was Jesus' mother.
    And Jesus is God.

I missed that part and used Lamaze. (P.S. We don't suffer "grief." They're called contractions.)
    Yeah, I was the one holding the watch and telling her to breathe.
    My wife also used Lamaze and our children (4) all were born through the birth canal.

It is you who said, "good grief"
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 8, 2010, 07:57 PM
    That doesn't address the question Wondergirl.
    WG doesn't recall the question and is too tired to scroll back however far to find it (if it's even in this thread).
    And Jesus is God and God can't sin.
    Jesus was also human and was capable of sinning, else all He did was in vain and is nothing to which we can relate.
    Yeah, I was the one holding the watch and telling her to breathe.
    You got off easy.
    our children (4) all were born through the birth canal.
    Which means what?

I said "good grief" because of what YOU said. I could have said, "Ach, du lieber!"
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2010, 10:01 PM
    WG doesn't recall the question and is too tired to scroll back however far to find it (if it's even in this thread).

Jesus was also human and was capable of sinning, else all He did was in vain and is nothing to which we can relate.

You got off easy.

Which means what?

I said "good grief" because of what YOU said. I could have said, "Ach, du lieber!"
    Schlaf gut Say good night WG
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2010, 07:18 AM
    Schlaf gut Say good night WG
    Don't rub her nose in it.
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2010, 08:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    Don't rub her nose in it.
    She don't like it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Who is Jesus to you? [ 175 Answers ]

Just wanted to get people's opinion of who Jesus is to you and why you feel the way you do? No trick, just want to discuss...

Did Jesus have to go Hades because he sinned? [ 12 Answers ]

Did Jesus have to go to Hades because he sinned?I was just wondering if Jesus knew he had to die for our sins, wouldn't that be considered taking his own life. He knew what was coming.Wouldnt that be a sin? This question has puzzled me for years.Im very interested to hear your views on this...

What Would Jesus Do? [ 11 Answers ]

An American Preacher once said to me (through the God Channel, Sky Channel 760) that, when I am faced with every day travails (such as which way up to have my eggs) I should ask myself “What Would Jesus Do?” You can imagine the difficulty this has now given me, having not read all of the bible,...

Father forgive me for I have sinned [ 1 Answers ]

A priest was called away for an emergency. Not wanting to leave The confessional unattended, he called his rabbi friend from Across the street and asked him to cover for him. The rabbi told Him he wouldn't know what to say, but the priest told him to Come on over and he'd stay with him for...

Jesus [ 17 Answers ]

When did jesus learn he was christ?

View more questions Search