Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gwilliams2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2010, 08:31 PM
    What should I do as a male if I employ females to be my care givers?
    I hire people to take care of me. The females do not do there job who are the primairy ones who take care of me. The one employed now does not take her job too seriously for me. What can I do and what do you think?
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2010, 09:14 PM

Well to be honest I don't think being female has anything to do with your problem. How well did you screen these people you hired, did you get past references etc? As an employer I do believe you have the right to let go any worker that is not working up to standard but do not quote me on that one. Have you tried employing men?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2010, 09:35 PM
    Hi, gwilliams2!

Are these women employed only by you or are they working through some kind of agency, please?

Thanks!
    bleusong52 Posts: 239, Reputation: 46

Jul 3, 2010, 07:23 PM

Did you go through the job expectations/duties before you hired these people? Did you give each one a detailed listeing of all the duties/activities you require and the level of care you will expect and the level of professionalism you expect them to have while in your employ?

Sometimes these things happen because of miscommunication. So make sure you have your ducks in a row here concerning these things.

Then if these employees fail to meet your standards, you have every valid reason to correct them or ask them for their resignation or just fire them (for their poor quality of care).

Are these employees licensed or certified nurse assistants? If so, they have a board of nursing to answer to, in regards to their conduct.

If these employees are just anybody off the street, they are still responsible to perform the duties as you have specified!

What you can do - talk to each one of them and say that things have got to change. Give them notice that you do notice what they are and (more importantly) what they are not doing. If you feel generous you can tell each one that you will no longer tolerate their lack of care and concern for your welfare.

Just like any other employer - you have rights. Good luck in solving this.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 3, 2010, 08:50 PM

You tell them what their duties are, and what you expect,
    If they will not do them, they are fired and new ones hired.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2010, 03:06 PM

As long as your expectations are reasonable, your caretakers should be doing what you ask.

Have you told them what you expect from them?

If they refuse to do their work, then you have the right to get rid of them.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2010, 03:19 PM

Hello g:

Are you being abused?

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Indian givers [ 3 Answers ]

I have a best friend that owes me and when she gives me something she always take most of it back or all of it back. It mainly have to do with her boyfriend. She give her boyfriend the world and he always owes her and she always owes me. If she owes me something she would give it to me but then if...

Self Employ.ation? [ 1 Answers ]

I am 17, emancipated, I have my own house. *trailer* and I still go to day school, *highschool* I need an at home job that I can set up and make at least 100 a week. Any ideas? Help please, I'm serious about this, I hate having to go to school 7am and come home at 9pm, its terrible! I want to be...

Buy into franchise or self employ [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know which one has more benefits? And how do you incorporate your business? How much does it cost? And lastly can you combine to types of cleaning services in one company?:)

1099 and should be employ [ 7 Answers ]

I was the only worker for this company. I did 100 % of the work. And I was 100%of that companys income. I had a good year and I made my employer good money. She sent me a 1099 slip and dissolved the company. How can she turn me into contracter when I was the company. Its been 8 months and I...

View more questions Search