Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lorenandmandi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2006, 01:07 PM
    Outdoor late afternoon wedding in FL
    My friends are getting married outside in Florida at 4pm, and their web page has suggested that it is a formal occasion. I just had a baby and don't really want to have to buy something new that I will only be able to wear once. Unfortunately, I don't have anything "formal" that fits properly. What is appropriate attire?
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Dec 12, 2006, 01:36 PM
    Formal for a wedding usually means pretty dressed up! Women are mostly in dresses, men definitely in suits. More like for church on a big holiday than, say, a very adult party, like New Years can be. Do you have anything rather plain and classic looking that you can dress up with accessories, hair and make up? Or can you shop the second hand stores for something within budget soon enough? Just a few thoughts I hope are helpful.
    maggief Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2007, 02:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lorenandmandi
    My friends are getting married outside in Florida at 4pm, and their web page has suggested that it is a formal occasion. I just had a baby and don't really want to have to buy something new that I will only be able to wear once. Unfortunately, I don't have anything "formal" that fits properly. What is appropriate attire?
    I would consider a 3 piece pant suit; loose pants, shell or t-top and long (possibly knee length) jacket. You will be able to wear it to almost anything for a long time. Go with a darker shade of a neutral color such as navy or green, and it will disguise the "new mommy" figure. If you are nursing your baby and have to feed or pump while "dressed", having the three pieces instead of a dress will make life a lot easier. You can always remove the jacket if you get too warm - go with 3/4 length sleeves. And wear comfortable shoes. With pants, you have more options that if you wear a shorter length dress. You will also be able to avoid panty hose.
    Sunshine141 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2007, 11:38 AM
    I would suggest a nice simple dress, like the ones with a thick band just under your chest (I think it's called empire waist) and then they just come out and are flowing... That way you can wear it again because you won't have to worry about it fitting around your tummy and when you lose weight it will still look good. Just put on some really classy jewellery, strappy sandals, get your hair, make up and nails done nicely with a fake tan and you're good to go!
    Sunshine141 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2007, 11:43 AM
    Here are some examples I found online for what I meant by empire waist... you can get a nice 3/4 sleeve button sweater to go with it in case you get cold:

1. Google Image Result for http://images.overstock.com/f/102/3117/8h/www.overstock.com/images/products/P10321722.jpg

2. Google Image Result for http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c246/angelisophia/DVFDress1.jpg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outdoor light grounding [ 1 Answers ]

On this surface mounted porch light, there is a green wire (ground) and a thin stranded wire. Do I attach both of these to the circuit ground #14 wire and then pigtail from there to the green ground screw in the metal box?? Or do I attach the green #14 to the incoming and outgoing ground #14, and...

Fall evening outdoor wedding [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: I'm going to attend an fall evening outdoor wedding. The weather forecast tells me that it will be cold. Do I choose a dress, pant suit,? What about a wrap. My husband is the minister.

Afternoon Antics of Bob & Bill [ 8 Answers ]

Just can't beat free entertainment.. .

Sealing Outdoor concrete [ 2 Answers ]

We have a colored concrete driveway located in Southern Colorado that is about a year old and it is starting to look uneven/stained. We were told the driveway should be sealed and have had a rather high estimate provided for several thousand dollars. First, my experience w/ sealing is it only...

What Wire do I use for overhead outdoor use? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a detached garage about 150' from the main. I want to install a sub-panel in it. What kind of wire do I use to run it the same way it comes into the house (overhead). Does Home Depot sell it? I have two garages and have already run their #2 or #3 underground to it. But this one would...

View more questions Search