Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amy112 Posts: 49, Reputation: 2

Jun 21, 2010, 09:32 AM
    How can I get rid of Cartilage (Helix) Piercing Bumps?
    I have had multiple bumps in my past all on my upper right helix piercing for over about 5 and a half months.I have one now that looks like the actual pierced hole on the back is in the middle of the bump. I use antiseptic solution a bit but not a lot.I got it from softball where I had to take it out multiple times and it got irritated I guess.I use an antibiotic ointment stuff but it seems to be getting a bit smaller. I've also used an asa paste and it was okay. Please help and suggest options. Thanks
    macdoncl Posts: 55, Reputation: 7

Jul 6, 2010, 04:07 PM

A friend of mine had this happen and went to the doctor. It is usually caused from a piece of skin getting trapped during the piercing process. Not to scare you but hers never went away and she eventually had to have a small portion of her ear removed. If it's a problem why not get it checked by a doctor?
    keeks143 Posts: 149, Reputation: 3

May 4, 2013, 10:53 PM
    Could be hypertrophic scarring. If u got it w/a gun, that increases the risk. That antiseptic ear care solution is crap (sorry I had to say), with all kinds of irritants and chemicals like hydrogen peroxide which irritate your piercing. Use sea salt soaks. If it persists or grow go back to your piercer or see your GP.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Helix piercing questions! [ 3 Answers ]

heyy i just got my helix peirced 3 days ago and i just had a few questions about it should i soak it in a bowl of sea salted water? the person who peirced it for me told me to rinse it, clean it with sea salt then rinse it again and sometimes hot compress it ive been doing that but it still...

Does a helix piercing hurt? [ 1 Answers ]

i was wondering if anyone knew about helix piercings? if they do hurt? i have already had 4 lobe piercings, 2 cartillage piercings and my tragus done, but does it hurt anymore than them?

Cartilage piercing. HELP! [ 5 Answers ]

I'm getting my cartilage pierced on Sunday and don't know whether to do needle or gun... my sister got hers with a gun and can't really change hers because it is so messed up. Which is better?

Cartilage piercing [ 2 Answers ]

Does getting a cartilage piercing hurt?:eek: how is the recovery? And where is a good place to get it done? I was thinking pauls piercing?:confused::):confused:[

My cartilage piercing [ 1 Answers ]

OK, so I'm getting my cartelidged piercied tomorrow, and I don't know what will happen. Somebody help mee?! :confused::confused::confused:

View more questions Search