Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Jul 18, 2010, 08:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Okay, a bit of background since you don't know me, but the others do.

My family owned a gun shop that included an indoor range, until the present President. We ended up losing it.

So, I'm not quite the terrorist that it seems like. Hubby is a master gunsmith.
    A most noble and honorable profession ,craft and art form. True gun smithing is an art I admire.

I am sorry you lost your shop, I'll bet you have great memories surrounding a place like that.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 18, 2010, 08:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by martinizing2 View Post
    A most noble and honorable profession ,craft and art form. True gun smithing is an art I admire.

I am sorry you lost your shop, I'll bet you have great memories surrounding a place like that.
    We do. Thank you for your comments. He is now working from home. Makes a great house husband since I work from 7p-7a. Does a great job of taking care of the kiddos.
    Expert

Jul 18, 2010, 08:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Nice to meet you Martinizing. Time for bed for me....I gotta deliver babies tonight.
    I am pleased to meet you also. You deliver babies... another one of my greatest loves in life. I can hear my children now... DAD YOU HAVE TO PUT THEM DOWN SOMETIME!!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 18, 2010, 08:40 AM

LMAO... I work in Labor and Delivery. I prefer to deliver them as to working in the nursery. If I work in the nursery I have a hard time giving them back to Mom. LOL
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 1, 2010, 04:24 PM

Range time today. A friend of mine and I came up with some cheap range targets. You can use a paper plate and put a dot in the middle. Those dots are cheap and so are the paper plates. I was trying out a new set of grips and they seemed to help a lot. I was able to put a smiley face on the paper plate first time around ;)
    What have you others come up with for target ideas that you want to pass along.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Aug 1, 2010, 05:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    Range time today. A friend of mine and I came up with some cheap range targets. You can use a paper plate and put a dot in the middle. Those dots are cheap and so are the paper plates. I was trying out a new set of grips and they seemed to help alot. I was able to put a smiley face on the paper plate first time around ;)
    The first time I impressed my father-in-law was the weirdest target I ever shot at. We were newly married and invited to a Barbecue at a friend of his' farm. The friend and my father-in-law had been there for a while and had bolted an axe blade to a fencepost then set a beer can on the fence on either side. They were obviously trying to do some Beverly Hillbillies but the beer cans were surviving just fine. My father-in-law handed me his Python and told me to give it a go. It took a couple of rounds to get used to the weapon, but the third shot got a ring from the axe blade. I do not know to this day if it simply shook the can off, but one did fall.

That's how I impressed my wife's father, the man who played ping-pong, solitare, with a .22 pump.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 1, 2010, 06:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    The first time I impressed my father-in-law was the weirdest target I ever shot at. We were newly married and invited to a Barbeque at a friend of his' farm. The friend and my father-in-law had been there for a while and had bolted an axe blade to a fencepost then set a beer can on the fence on either side. They were obviously trying to do some Beverly Hillbillies but the beer cans were surviving just fine. My father-in-law handed me his Python and told me to give it a go. It took a couple of rounds to get used to the weapon, but the third shot got a ring from the axe blade. I do not know to this day if it simply shook the can off, but one did fall.

That's how I impressed my wife's father, the man who played ping-pong, solitare, with a .22 pump.
    Great story. Ive heard many stories around the axe head. Seems to be popular in some places.
    Expert

Aug 1, 2010, 07:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    Range time today. A friend of mine and I came up with some cheap range targets. You can use a paper plate and put a dot in the middle. Those dots are cheap and so are the paper plates. I was trying out a new set of grips and they seemed to help alot. I was able to put a smiley face on the paper plate first time around ;)
    Republicans
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2010, 07:30 PM

Believe it or not, the shooting range near me has targets with pictures on it. Here are some of the pictures:

Aliens
    Top 10 FBI's Most Wanted List Fugitives
    Osama Bin Laden (as mentioned above)

Hillary Clinton.
    Pest Control Expert

Aug 2, 2010, 01:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny View Post
    Believe it or not, the shooting range near me has targets with pictures on it. Here are some of the pictures:

Aliens
    Top 10 FBI's Most Wanted List Fugitives
    Osama Bin Laden (as mentioned above)

Hillary Clinton.
    Can you bring your own pictures? They could set up a great sideline in printing out targets from your digital camera or downloading. Al Sharpton comes to mind.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2010, 02:15 AM

V and I went to the gun shop the other day and the attendant was shoving pistols at us left right and center.
    I was too scared to hold them :o
    Pest Control Expert

Aug 2, 2010, 08:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    V and I went to the gun shop the other day and the attendant was shoving pistols at us left right and center.
    I was too scared to hold them :o
    A pistol is a tool, just like hair clippers, or a hammer, or photoshop software. I can use three of those four, and yes, since I don't know how to use it the fourth one frightens me a little.

I can learn, however.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2010, 08:44 AM
    A pistol is a tool, just like hair clippers, or a hammer, or photoshop software. I can use three of those four, and yes, since I don't know how to use it the fourth one frightens me a little.

I can learn, however.
    Question.. which is best... a .41 Rutger Red Hawl or a Colt .45 auto?
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2010, 08:49 AM

I'm a huge fan of autos... especially a .45.
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2010, 08:56 AM
    I'm a huge fan of autos...especially a .45.

We have a lot of guns. My little lady smith is just right for me. My husband likes a colt .45 I just like any kind of revolver.
    Pest Control Expert

Aug 2, 2010, 08:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    Question..which is best...a .41 Rutger Red Hawl or a Colt .45 auto?
    Both have their merits. . 45 ammo is easier to find. As I have said before, I'm a revolver fan myself.
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2010, 09:04 AM
    Both have their merits. .45 ammo is easier to find. As I have said before, I'm a revolver fan myself.
    .22. Pistol. It's old but still works really well.
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2010, 09:04 AM

Blame it on the movies and games... although revolvers are VERY user friendly, never jams, never stovepipes, etc. I could never get over the six shots. Granted, I'll never be in a firefight where I need more than 6 rounds (I hope), but I always liked having the insurance of 12+1 rounds...
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2010, 09:07 AM
    Blame it on the movies and games...although revolvers are VERY user friendly, never jams, never stovepipes, etc., I could never get over the six shots. Granted, I'll never be in a firefight where I need more than 6 rounds (I hope), but I always liked having the insurance of 12+1 rounds...

Hey, I've watched westerns (old ones) where they shoot a six gun 400 times without reloading. One of those would be nice! Sneezy and Cats you all are too young to remember Gene Autry... Roy Rogers. I was about five but I can remember.
    Pest Control Expert

Aug 2, 2010, 09:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    Hey, I've watched westerns (old ones) where they shoot a six gun 400 times without reloading. One of those would be nice! Sneezy and Cats you all are too young to remember Gene Autry...Roy Rogers. I was about five but I can remember.
    I'm old enough to have been horrified the first time Roy stuffed Trigger.

Sneezy, one of my favorite authors wrote, "Get a shot off fast. You may not hit anything but it will give you enough time to make your second shot perfect." (italics his)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tell me could this be a sign of a electrical fire getting ready to start? [ 3 Answers ]

OK I am smelling smoke in my house but I can't see it and we have had problems with the electrical wiring for sometime now and the outlets smell like burning plastic all of the outlets smell like that and the outlets are warm to touch Oh and the breakers are not shutting off even when the...

Air aim not working how can iget on aim on my psp [ 3 Answers ]

What is the best aim for psp

My best friend Aka Sister [ 1 Answers ]

Why Doesn't she want me Or love me. Why doesn't she like me the way that I do. But is with and cares for others.

Weird Food Combinations aka Gun Control LOL [ 257 Answers ]

Okay, this may not be a combo exactly but I salt my cantelope melon. . Oh, now here is one, and my hubby likes peanut butter and iceberg lettuce sandwiches! :p Fried Mars bars?? :eek:

View more questions Search