Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pointman88 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2010, 05:07 PM
    Who is the best home loan lender for people with bad credit ?
    I don't have the greatest credit... but I have been on the same job for 16 years...

I want to buy a home and I was wondering who the best lender is for people with bad credit.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 07:08 PM

Truth be told. The best would be the one that can give you a loan at a reasonable rate. Your best shot to get a loan would be through a broker and not a single entity like a bank. Also you can prequalify for a home loan and then go looking for a home. The process goes much faster like that.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 07:11 PM

And I may recommend your local bank where you have had a checking and savings account hopefully for years, where the bankers know you by name. Also a credit union if you use one.

But in today's economy with foreclosures going into unheard of numbers they banks don't really want to lend to anyone with poor credit right now.

But if your local banks can't help you, a broker to shop you around would be the best.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad credit need home loan with zero down [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 27 year old married, first home buyer with BAD credit and no money for a down payment or closing cost. I live in Texas is there a company out there that will approve me for a home loan with low fixed interest rates? We have not even started trying to fix our credit.

Getting home loan with bad credit [ 1 Answers ]

How can I purchase a home with a $6,000 previous loan that I can not pay off at this moment?

Getting a Home Loan on bad credit [ 2 Answers ]

I want to get a home loan through a bank for the home that I bought as a land contract. Any banks out there that will do this?

Need a loan, have bad credit [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I am from South Australia. I am not sure weather there is anyone that can help us. We are in a very sticky situation. I have bad credit, and we need a home loan urgently. We are in a house that we are renting at present, and we have just been informed that the land lords are going to...

I need student debt consolidation loan for poor credit or bad credit [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone suggest me I'm from singapore and I wish to go study in USA.Anyoone suggest

View more questions Search