Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melisskah Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Jun 20, 2010, 04:12 PM
    Liable to pay bank? (victim of force fraud)
    Halifax answered my question, thank you to all who replied
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 04:21 PM

Pay back the money?? If it was her money in the bank, why does she owe the bank any money? Something is not correct in story.

Also if it was a real joint account, the other person did not need her to go take the money out, they could have done it without her there.

So please, tell us the real story
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 20, 2010, 05:48 PM

I'm confused, what question?
    Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 06:29 PM

There was a long question here, about someone being forced to go with the person on a joint account and being forced to take the money at, with threats, and then do they have to pay the bank back.

Since none of the facts could have been true, I questioned the question, they appear to have edited the question,
    Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 06:30 PM
    I am closing, and will watch other posts
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 20, 2010, 06:54 PM

To the OP please review our rules as what you did violates them:
    Please do not add or remove significant content within your post, or delete your post, if others have responded after it, as it could leave the others posts in need of editing. If you need to add or remove significant information after others have replied, it's best to simply add a new reply yourself.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/faq.ph..._vb_edit_posts
    Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 06:56 PM

I issued them a formal warning for this also Scott.
    They did at least one more like this also. Very irritating.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Victim of Bank Fraud victimized by Bank [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Arizona. I received a summons & complaint from Hilco re a Wells FargoBank (WFB)debt. 2 weeks ago. March 27 2007 I am a victim of felony crimes that began when WFB designed and printed 'convenience checks' accessing my accounts, unbeknownst to me, and negotiated access to my accounts with...

Bank liable for eviction? [ 15 Answers ]

Ok, so here is the situation... (sorry so long) My roommate was going to be late on rent this month so we were going to hold off on paying until the 17th (when my roommate got his next check). Our rent was due on the 1st. We received our 3 day pay or quit on the 15th, which gave us until the...

Identity theft (is the bank liable?) [ 2 Answers ]

This is sort of a strange one. The summer of 2007 I found I was a victim of identity theft. I tried to open an account with Chase Bank and found that I had an account already opened up in my name by somebody who lived in New York. They had all my information (mother's maiden name/SSN/date of...

Liable to pay $1500? [ 2 Answers ]

Im with TD. My purse was stolen, I called in to report it; the man I spoke to on the phone did not tell me any activity had been performed on my account. I made a crazy mistake by writing my pin in my phone book, which was also in the purse. What are the odds they'd check my phone book?? ...

Please help. I am a victim of fraud [ 4 Answers ]

I have a problem. I found out that a fraudalent petition for my wife's immigrant visa was signed in my name. I gave no consent for the submission of the petition. My signature was forged. My wife and I were married April 1999. We separated December 2000. Ever since the separation we...

View more questions Search