Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rachel8997 Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2010, 08:39 AM
    Can the history you have deleted be seen by a computer expert
    I know how to delete the computer history but I was wondering if I can be seen by a computer exert Even if he was looking really deap into everything he could find?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 20, 2010, 08:44 AM
    Yep, but really depends on just how good they are.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 20, 2010, 08:45 AM

Why would this concern you?
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2010, 10:33 AM

If you look into computer forensics, you will find that data is hidden in many places on the drive. The first thing you learn is that just because it is deleted doesn't mean its gone. The info is deleted from the Master File Table, but the data on the disk is still there until new data overwrites it.

On top of this, the data is written to memory, which means it may have remnants on the hard drive due to the paging file. Also, I'm not sure how much data the prefetch/superfetch system gathers from the browser. Some sites plant flash cookies within system directories, and activeX controls leave traces in the registry.

There is data being spewed all over your system just by using the internet. It is very hard to get rid of all of the traces, and even if you did, the servers you visited probably have some sort of inbound record keeping that will keep your IP on file for a couple of years. They can prove you visited certain content even if they don't have the computer you did it on.

Good Luck.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2010, 10:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Yep, but really depends on just how good they are.
    And it also depends on how good the deleter is. ;)

Jun 21, 2010, 11:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    And it also depends on how good the deleter is. ;)
    Do you know how to delete things really well?
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2010, 11:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel8997 View Post
    Do you know how to delete things really well?
    Yep, I do tech support on the side. You can try installing Ccleaner and using the cleaner feature.
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2010, 12:02 PM

I would recommend deleting all traces using the browser's delete settings. Search the system directory for flash based cookies. Empty your prefetch folder. Use a tool to wipe the pagefile.sys and the hiberfil.sys. Then empty the recycling bin, and do a free space wipe. Do a hard reboot to clear the memory and start using it like nothing ever happened...
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2010, 12:03 PM

I think there's even a tool out there to clear all of the tags associated with the files on the disk so that you can't even tell when they were last accessed.

Jun 21, 2010, 01:37 PM

I still wonder why this concerns you. If you are getting rid of your PC, take out the hard drive and take a hammer to it. Otherwise, someone trying to get info would have to have access to your PC.

Jun 22, 2010, 08:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by InfoJunkie4Life View Post
    I think there's even a tool out there to clear all of the tags associated with the files on the disk so that you can't even tell when they were last accessed.
    Yeah Im kind of a 13 year old girl.! Can you please say that all again in a way I can understand it and do it?? :-D

Jun 22, 2010, 08:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    I still wonder why this concerns you. If you are getting rid of your PC, take out the hard drive and take a hammer to it. Otherwise, someone trying to get info would have to have access to your PC.
    No Im not getting rid of my PC.! Its very personal things I don't want a computer excpert to see :-{

Jun 22, 2010, 08:51 AM
    Yep, I do tech support on the side. You can try installing Ccleaner and using the cleaner feature.
    Ow do I do that?
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2010, 09:14 AM
    Here's the direct download link: http://download.piriform.com/ccsetup232.exe

Jun 22, 2010, 09:19 AM
    Thank you so much!! You are a life saver!! :D Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jun 22, 2010, 09:21 AM
    Ok so that's done.! Now can it bee seen by a computer expert even if he's like the best in the world:confused:
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2010, 09:30 AM
    Ok so thats done.!!! Can it bee seen by a computer expert even if hes like the best in the world:confused:
    Probably. If you're that worried then stop doing the stuff that is worrying you.

Jun 22, 2010, 09:30 AM
    No Im not getting rid of my PC.!!!! Its jst very personal things I dont want a computer excpert to see :-{
    See but that's my point. How do you think a computer expert is going to have access to your PC? Why do you think any stranger would be interested in the personal things of a 13 yr old? You are being paranoid about this so stop worrying. Unless you were involved in some crime that would put your PC in the hands of a computer forensics expert, no one is going to see anything.

If you try playing around with these tools without knowing what you are doing, you could damage something that will make your PC inoperable.

Jun 22, 2010, 09:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    See but that's my point. How do you think a computer expert is going to have access to your PC? Why do you think any stranger would be interested in the personal things of a 13 yr old? You are being paranoid about this so stop worrying. Unless you were involved in some crime that would put your PC in the hands of a computer forensics expert, no one is going to see anything.

If you try playing around with these tools without knowing what you are doing, you could damage something that will make your PC inoperable.
    Well My brothers friend is a computer expert. And my laptop is a family one but its still mine and my dad wants to get it checked out because its slowed down a lot. And he's coming soon and I don't want him to see anything and tell my parents.!

Jun 22, 2010, 09:37 AM
    Probably. If you're that worried then stop doing the stuff that is worrying you.
    I have. S he will or won't be able to see it??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I retrieve deleted browser history from my computer? [ 3 Answers ]

I know my guy is up to NO GOOD! Please tell me how to find the history he has been deleting from the computer every time he uses it.

History of sites visited if the history has been deleted. [ 1 Answers ]

How do I know which sites have been visited on my PC if the history has been deleted??

How to view deleted history of computer [ 1 Answers ]

I want to see my deleted history

Locate the deleted history on my computer! [ 1 Answers ]

How do I locate the deleted history from my computer

How do I recover history from computer after deleted [ 3 Answers ]

How do find deleted history on my computer

View more questions Search