Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carole2cd Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2010, 05:32 AM
    Ask sink won't seat
    Trying to install a top mount sink over a new tile countertop. The sink bows on 2 sides so it won't sit flush on the tile. There is a 1/4 inch gap
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 20, 2010, 06:16 AM

the sink bows on 2 sides so it won't sit flush on the tile. There is a 1/4 inch gap
    What do you mean, "the sink bows"? Is there a dip in the tile counter top? Is the cutout not correct? Are the tiles uneven? What? Cab you post a picture?
    Cheers, Tom
    carole2cd Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2010, 06:40 AM
    The tile is even, checked with level, it is 24 inch tile. No dip in counter top and the cut out seems correct. The gap is on both sides of the sink between the tile and sink, the back and front sit flush. Also the clips are too short due because there is an inch layer of board under the new tile
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 06:58 AM
    Hi Carole2cd:

You can drill out holes in the plywood underneath so the clips can grab properly. You don't want to remove all the plywood... just enough so the clips can grab and pull the sink down at the edges... see image.

You want to drill the holes or notch the holes so about 1/2 the hole crosses the plywood. This can be a bit of a pain, but should fix your issue. Let me know if you understand...

Mark
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car seat [ 8 Answers ]

Does anyone if you are meant to have a baby car seat in a peogout 206 cc in front or at back? Read some articles on peogout and it says the front just to deactivate the air bag.. but I'm 100% convinced to have a baby in front even if maybe the car is designed to have it in front. Any ideas? ...

Seat valves [ 1 Answers ]

How do I seat the valves on my 28.h.p Kohler motor ?

Needle and seat [ 1 Answers ]

Hey everyone... I have a problem with my carbs on my polaris xc 700, I have 39mm Keihin D-slide carbs and if I do not turn the gas valve to the off position when shutting the sled down, I flood the engine, sometimes being so bad that I must drain out the cylinders... I was wondering if this would...

Toilet Seat [ 36 Answers ]

Hello: Why do women have to be so disrespectiful of men? They always leave the toilet seat down. I don't know what I'm going to do about this. excon

View more questions Search