Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    duckstuffer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2010, 05:43 PM
    24 millivolt system
    I have a Duo-therm heater in my camper, model 65515-003. The gas valve has 24 millivolt generator. I'm trying to get this heater running but don't think that the gas valve is any good. I can get the pilot light lit and after being on for awhile I hear a "snap" or "pop" and the pilot goes out. ALSO... when the pilot is lit and I touch the thermostat wires together completeing the circuit I hear the same popping sound and the pilot goes out and the burner doesn't get any gas to ignite. Do the pilot generators go bad? Or is the whole valve need to be replaced? I know by the teflon tape that has been used the whole valve has been replaced at one time but I don't know when, any help would be greatly appreciated!
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2010, 07:13 PM
    Do the pilot generators go bad?===== yes

have you removed and cleaned the pilot light assembly?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to convert orp millivolt to chlorine concentration [ 0 Answers ]

How I can calculatethe free chlorine in sea water if I am getting orp of 230 mv

Power Stealing Thermostat connection to millivolt heater? [ 4 Answers ]

I have an older home that has only a millvolt heating system and no central AC. I want to install a special thermostat that requires 24 volt power and supports power stealing. Since a millivolt system has no power connection, I wonder if I can use this thermostat by addint a 24V transformer...

Millivolt Thermostat cycling too rapidly [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Honeywell "CT43-A-4440" 750 millivolt thermostat controlling our gas fireplace - but of course I've lost the owner's manual :o (I can't find the manual on the Honeywell site either) My problem - the thermostat calls for heat correctly but once the room has reached the target...

24v Thermostat to Millivolt Propane Fireplace Insert [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of replacing a millivolt thermostat that controls my Regency Fireplace insert. Coming off the insert are two wires that when connected together open the gas valve and the fireplace insert begins operation. I purchased a new thermostat that allows me to call the thermostat...

View more questions Search