Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beaut16 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2010, 01:19 PM
    I have moen single shower handle and when I pull it the water won't come out
    I have a single moen shower handle and when I pull it out neither the shower or bath turns on. How do I fix it?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 19, 2010, 03:13 PM

When you pull on it - do you feel resistance ?

It appears the cartridge is frozen inside the body. If so, you will need Moen Cartridge Removal Tool. Close water to the whole house, remove handle, remove U-pin and attach the Tool and remove cartridge. Insert new one, reinstall U-pin and trim. Turn water back ON.

Moen will send you new cartridge for free. Call them at 1-800-289-6636
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2010, 08:04 PM

Yes I agree with Milo, Moen will send you a new cartridge for free and it comes with a small plastic tool for cartridge removal, good luck.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Hot Water in Shower - Moen Single Handle Faucet [ 38 Answers ]

I've read most of the questions on this website about this matter, but I'm still confused. I pulled off the handle and wall plate. But what do I do after that? I see a small (4 inch approx.) hole in the wall with a "unit" that looks like a cartridge that holds the handle. I can turn it to hot...

No hot water (at all) -- Moen Brantford Posi-Temp Single-Handle Tub/Shower Valve [ 6 Answers ]

There is no hot water. Period. When I turn on the faucet there is only cold water. If I turn the handle all the way counter-clockwise, the water flow stops completely -- not even cold water. There is hot water in every other sink/shower in the house (including the sink in the same bathroom). This...

No hot water from Moen Single handle shower valve [ 2 Answers ]

I am getting no hot water from my Moen single handle shower valve. I have plenty of pressure from cold water side. I removed the main handle to expose the valve. The hot water pipe has a small valve with a common head valve stem which I turned, hoping to unblock the valve, but this had no...

Moen single lever shower handle hard to push/pull open/close [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Moen single lever shower handle that is very hard to push/pull open or close. The fixture is approx. 15 years old. I replaced the plastic handle (it was broken inside) and tried to squirt penetrating oil in the valve which had no effect. If I take off the plate can I access and...

Loss of hot water in Moen Shower facet - single, pull handle [ 8 Answers ]

I have lost significant pressure in my shower equipped with a Moen single handle pull out and rotate - R or L. I have a 2nd shower with identical unit - swapped cartridge - no change. Pulled out the posi-pressure valve on the hot side and found some debries, no change in pressure, may be worst....

View more questions Search