Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    racheal192 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2010, 09:46 PM
    Bp oil spill, how do I offer a new invention ideal to the government ,bp & president
    Bp oil spill, how do I offer a new invention ideal to the government ,bp and president ?

I have a new invention that I would like to offer to the government ,bp
    And president but I do not know how or where to started,
    Which branch office do I write to? What kind of letter do I send? How should the letter be written up? How should the wording be?
    My ideal is copy righted

Please help.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2010, 09:54 PM
    Hi, racheal192!

Do you already have a working model of the invention, please?

Thanks!

Jun 19, 2010, 02:11 AM
    Yes
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 19, 2010, 05:34 AM

Contact your local EPA office. They should be able to direct you to the agencies overseeing the cleanup.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2010, 09:14 AM

I think they said they have received hundreds of thousands of suggestions. I believe you need politicians and news people to help you get through the maze. Some of the experts will end up looking like amateurs if one of the "small" people has a good idea. You have a very large task on your hands and I hope you are successful.

Jun 19, 2010, 08:46 PM

Thank for all you answers,but please don't stop giving them still have not found the answer I am looking for.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2010, 11:35 PM
    Hi again, racheal192!

Do you know who your local senators are, please?

Thanks!
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2010, 06:07 AM

Go there and corner one of those local parrish reps. Contact Anderson Cooper of CNN, he's been there for months. Find General Honore'. Buy space on a billboard. If the invention will stop the leak, it's value will go down when the leak stops due to the relief wells.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 20, 2010, 06:31 AM

As Smearcase said, I've heard that they are receiving thousands of suggestions (mostly crackpot) on fixing the problems. James Cameron, the director of Titanic, offered his deep sea exploration expertise. Kevin Costner (Waterworld) has a company that has a device that can, supposedly, skim the oil from the water.

So, if you want to get their attention you need to be creative and persistent. Have you tried the local EPA office? What else have you tried?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 06:45 AM

You need to get with local news people and hold a news conference and show them how it works.

But sadly part of the trouble will be ( and not trying to dampen your hopes) that the government and BP have been turning down all types of help that is already proved to work.
    And after that, of course a new oil method will have to be tested and get EPA approval ( can take years) just to be oked to be used.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gasoline/oil spill [ 2 Answers ]

I spilled a gasoline oil mix for a chainsaw in the trunk of my car. The whole car smell like gasoline and oil. How do I get the gas /oil and the smell out of my car?

Oil Spill on cement [ 4 Answers ]

How do I clean up an oil spill on the driving pad at my condo.

View more questions Search