Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jagjeet Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2006, 05:55 AM
    Earning
    How can I earn from internet business without much investment. Why are you answering questions without any cost involved. How are you making profit from this website..
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2006, 06:02 AM
    Having a good website - about something that will get visitors - is a way lots of people make some money.

Hosting and a domain is cheap ($70-$100 per year) - and if you like the idea of a forum, SMF is a very popular free one.

This particular forum supports itself with adSense Ads.

As for why people answer for free, it's because they enjoy helping people. People have been sharing information on forums for free for many years now.

... so back to the first issue. Look for a need, and fulfil it with a website. Many hosts even offer up to 3 sites on one hosting account... so the sky's the limit. Get good informative or helpful websites up and put ads on them.

... or offer a service through the website for pay.

... just some things to help you consider options...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 12, 2006, 06:46 AM
    The basic way that people earn money without much investment is by doing something that gets people to visit your site. From there you join with link groups like Adsense that pay when someone clicks from your site to an advertised site.

The other way is to provide a product or service on the WEB that people are willing to pay for.

You are alos making an assumption that may not be accurate. That this site makes a profit. Clearly it earns income by advertising. Whether that income turns a profit is a different matter.

I can't speak for everyone, but I answer questions here and on similar sites for 2 reasons. First, I'm "paying forward" the help I got when I first started. Second, I feel good knowing I've helped someone solve a problem.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2006, 06:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    I can't speak for everyone, but I answer questions here and on similar sites for 2 reasons. First, I'm "paying forward" the help I got when I first started out. Second, I feel good knowing I've helped someone solve a problem.
    I do it for the babes. :cool:

Dec 12, 2006, 09:53 PM
    Hi.I already own a website. And my current business is providing entire networking solutions to various business setup. www.e-netsol.com is what all we do. I just wanted to expand this business with the help of internet. May be I can start something parallelly which will help this current business as a support. Can you recommend me something about this.
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2006, 03:52 AM
    I would first suggest getting your site up. Your homepage has nothing on it.

Maybe even offer a self help page and put ads on it.

... just a thought.

Dec 13, 2006, 04:13 AM
    I think you might have been trying to open the site from Firefox.. the site is entirely a flash work so you would require to have flash player. And then try it again. Try internet explorer... by the way. How will ads help... and what can I do to promote my site. And online help means what>>
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2006, 04:18 AM
    May I suggest a loading bar, otherwise people just open up to a white screen and get confused and leave.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 13, 2006, 04:22 AM
    jagjeet, making an IE only site will completely put off a lot of people.
    Time to make sure you coding complies with W3C standards, after all you want to allow access to as many people as possible.
    Also I have flash player, fully updated, and your site refuses to load in FF completely.
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2006, 04:36 AM
    I too think that you're missing a lot of potential visitors with the way you've got it.

They say FF users are now up to about 30% (see here).

Also, remember that your potential customers are not nearly as techie as you are... so I think even using IE, many will not be patient for all of the Flash.

You should want your site to be right to the point of what you do and why folks need you... and in a way that is easy for the least sophisticated user.

As for the ad idea: I, for example, offer to do research for a fee.. . but I also have a self-help page with good info on it - and Ads that generate a bit of extra.

You could do the same for some things in the area of the services that you provide.
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2006, 04:49 AM
    As for website design, Flash makes things look nice, but I wouldn't put your content in it. You want your content to be fast loading, and then people can wait for the prettiness if they have time.

Dec 13, 2006, 05:29 AM
    Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback. Website was a concern for me for a long time and I will soon be changing the same. This was actually a project site I offered one student and then we uploaded the site and this student is no more in touch and we don't have the coding with us.. So I will soon be changing the entire website... with the concepts you guys have suggested.

But I would stilll love to have more feedback on promoting this website to a greater extent . I am thinking of starting a new concept along with this current business of providing free online help.. where people can come and create logins and can post their technical questions and my technical team will respond to them.. sort of help desk and as the website is promoted to a greater extent I will start charging for the calls.. do you have any suggestions for that or anything to add on it to help me promote the site and promote the idea of help desk..

jagjeet
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 13, 2006, 06:43 AM
    I do have some comments to make. Your business would seem to be someone localized, unless you have affiliates worldwide. Therefore, while you need a WEB presence as an online brochure, you should not consider the WEB as a source of customers. That means you need to use more traditional marketing techniques to reach your customer base.

I would also suggest that you rethink your naming. Network Solutions and netsol.com are trademarks of a another company (the company originally responsible for domain name registration and still in control of the Domain Name System). They may go after you for trademark infringement. If they do, I think they will win.
    ssefi Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2006, 05:22 PM
    Hello Jagjit,

Expanding business using online marketing resources depends on your targeted markets. At the very basic level you can setup a website with a enquiry form to get business enquiries. At an advanced level you can set up a complete marketing, supply chain & customer service for your business.
    qasamm Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2007, 07:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jagjeet
    how can i earn from internet business without much investment. why are you answering questions without any cost involved. how are you making profit from this website..
    You will need to invest money or time. With either you can make good and bad investments that lead to varying degrees of success.
    safibaig Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2008, 03:00 AM
    To make best use of adsense make a site which generates highest paying adsense keywords. If you want to know top paying adsene keywords check out Earn Through Adsense

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Basic earning per share [ 1 Answers ]

How to calculate basic earning per share

View more questions Search