Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    action222 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2010, 09:23 AM
    My doorbell light is not working but the ringer is
    Simple door bell the light has gone out but pushing the door bell it stills work. The unit is wired. Do I need a new door bell?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2010, 09:29 AM

THe doorbell is the part that's inside and makes the sound. You mean the outdoor button. Yes in most cases you need a new one. (the outdoor switch).. the bub in it has burned out. It will still work for years as-is. I know mine burned out years ago and I never got around to replacing it.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2010, 09:43 AM
    Yes, get a new one. They're only a couple bucks.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2010, 12:31 PM

Disecting the doorbell switch and replacing he lamp with an chip LED and a resistor works, but you'll never have to do it again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lighted doorbell button, light keeps burning out. [ 6 Answers ]

I have a lighted doorbell button. The light keeps blowing out. I have to replace the button a couple times a year. Is this common?

Hunter Park Hill Type 2 - Remote LED light on, but Light/Fan not working? [ 2 Answers ]

Remote Control LED light is on, but the Hunter Park Hill Type 2 Model 20578 Light or Fan will not work... why?

Door Bell Ringer [ 5 Answers ]

I move to this House, and the door bell sound more like a alarm than a door bell( is extremely loud and irritating). The ringer brand is bticino (model 382321 made in Italy). I been looking to change this one to a more easy to listen chime or bell. But everything I found is an external bell box....

Door bell ringer replacement [ 3 Answers ]

I'm replacing just the ringer part of the doorbell (the type of doorbell with a transformer). Should I shut off the electricity when doing this, or since they are low-voltage wires is it OK to install it with the electricity on? Or is this a stupid question ;) The way the electricians wired our...

View more questions Search