Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Starrygal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2010, 08:36 AM
    Pug dogs pee blood
    My pug dog who is 5 years old, male, started peeing blood, but then it went away. Last night, he left his bed and when I woke up this a.m. it was like a blood bath down stairs. There were probably 10 -12 pee sites, and all had brown or red (blood) in them. Is this a bladder infection?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 18, 2010, 08:44 AM

Take your dog to a vet FAST! If this were your mother, wouldn't you call an ambulance??
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2010, 09:53 AM

Yep, get him to a vet asap!

If it is a bladder infection it sounds like it's moved to the kidneys which would be very painful.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2010, 03:01 PM

Take the dog to the vet ASAP. The blood in his urine could be a symptom of bladder stones, kidney stones, or a bacterial infection.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 09:23 AM

I am just going to echo everyone here, VET NOW!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do dogs pee randomly when sleeping [ 11 Answers ]

My dog is 6 years old, mixed breed, spayed girl. Why is she frequently wetting the bed while sleeping? I always let her out right before I bring her into bed with me. Is this something I should be worried about? Thanks.

Pee blood [ 3 Answers ]

After I took my dog for running started vomiting and bleeding pooh. Why?

Am I pregnant if I pee blood? [ 1 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex seven days ago my period ended on 31st I get it every twent-eight days I also had sex during my periopd and today I spotted some blood and I do not get my period till the 27th could I be pregnant?

Why do housebroken dogs pee inside [ 1 Answers ]

Our house broken irish setter, 4 years old, has suddenly started peeing inside the house over the last one week, almost every day. He chooses 2 spots whenever he does so- one outside one toilet, and then inside another toilet. It is strange considering that in the last 4 years every since he was...

Finding Blood in puppys pee? [ 2 Answers ]

I just got a 5 month old puppy and she goes to the bathroom a lot through out the house.. Im concered that there's something wrong. I took a close look at her ppe and found blood. I was shocked. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what could be wrong?

View more questions Search