Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lynn10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2010, 08:13 AM
    Seeing the my father, who is dead?
    My Father and best friend was killed in a car accident 10 min after I got off the phone with him Oct/08... I have dreamed of him in many ways over the last year and a half, but I saw him yesterday... I thought I was losing my mind... but my dog new he was there too... It happened twice and he was as real as if he where here... He was speaking but I couldn't hear what he said.. Both times I was scared and left the house to sit outside until my fiancé came home... Why did this happen and am I hallusinating?
    manfredpino Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Jul 4, 2010, 03:50 PM
    Don't worry, he's probably trying to contact you because he wanted to say goodbye to you. Also, he might be wanting you to finish he wasn't able to before. Don't worry nothing bad will happen if you see him.
    bss1839 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Aug 10, 2010, 11:52 AM

You loved your father so much.That is why he wants you to help him .Don't be afraid of him but pray to the Almighty to forgive his sins and reincarnate him into next birth again as a human so that he can do service to GOD and get liberated FROM THE CYCLE OF BIRTH AND DEATH
    pinkytweak16 Posts: 56, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2010, 09:08 PM

Hi I'm a gypsy and a christian so I kind of know a thing or two about Ghost. Number one. There's a lot of spirits that we can't see sometimes they take the form of our loved ones, why? I do not know. Two. When people die they die. So many people think that it's their loved ones trying to contact them. No not true. Demons, Spirits they don't have anything better to do. So they for some odd reason take the form of people that has passed or even living people. One time A ghost took the form of my alive cousin. And one time my sister was looking for me in our house, she heard my voice loud and clear she was even talking to it, but then she saw I was outside.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Aug 14, 2010, 12:58 AM

Even though this op has not returned since June 18 , I am still going to post and hope the op returns

There are too many things in this world that happen and have no explanation to discount any experience a person has.

The sudden death of a parent is overwhelming . My father too died suddenly. I was rafting down the Colorado River at the time and didn't even find out until I got home the day of the funeral.
    The sadness and grief are devastating .

The human mind is incredible in how it functions and how it attempts to "rationalize" our life experiences.

Your dreams of your father may stem from your brain trying to figure out how to deal with a loss of that magnitude.

I went through a similar experience of dreaming about my father after he died night after night.
    I felt guilty not being with him , and not being there to help my mom. The days before cell phones were different.

Finally in a dream my father walked in my house . It was so real and I was so happy he was "alive" .
    Then he walked up to me and said," Stop worrying. You were 4 days out by river, and five days by horseback . How the hell was anybody suppose to get to you.?"
    "Now get your a$$ back on the river. You have tours booked."

I woke up and was so disappointed it was a dream, yet I was relieved and relaxed. And it had been a long time since I had felt that good.

That dream was so real that at times when I recall it the memory is of an actual waking event.
    I have to "remind" myself it was a dream.

When you saw your father ,could you expand some and give the details of how it happened?

How exactly did the dog react? Could the dog have reacted to you because you were afraid?

And please, what happened the second time? The more detail you can give , will help in trying to figure this out.

We at this point don't know what is happening or why it's happening.

In a grieving situation the brain may grasp a shadow, or some reflected light, or dust in the air and turn it into something it is not, but it is real to the brain, and can be stored as a reality.

I am not saying this is what happened to you. It is just a thing that can happen.

Many times when people "see" loved ones that have passed , it is a calming and sometimes joyful thing.
    You said it scared you , which is understandable.
    You defined it as an hallucination . What was it that made you define it as such?

If you would answer these questions it may help us to try and make sense of it all.

I have seen more than I ever thought imaginable . And I think I understand to some extent how this is affecting you.

I wish you well and will be looking for your response.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2010, 10:41 AM
    I'm sorry for your loss. I agree that it is the subconscious working through the grief and coming up with images that comfort you in these sad times. Just go with it and try to avoid making it more than it is as it will only prolong the grieving process.
    littlemouse_16 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2011, 11:09 PM
    Several years back a psychiatrist told me that about 40% of the people who lose a loved one experience that loved one coming back to visit them after death. He also told me that because of such a large number of people having that experience it is not considered a hallucination.
    thush Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2011, 12:51 AM
    I think there are some spirits that are wondering, in the world that we exists.
    As they exist in a fine form and have no physical attributes, they are not visible to our 6 senses.
    But some odd occasions, spirits who are just lost, can influence us, in their own ways.

These influences, which are not visible to our 6 senses, seems scary and spooky.If our mind is serene and strong, we can't get influenced.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Apr 7, 2011, 01:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by thush View Post
    I think there are some spirits that are wondering, in the world that we exists.
    As they exist in a fine form and have no physical attributes, they are not visible to our 6 senses.
    But some odd occasions, spirits who are just lost, can influence us, in their own ways.

These influences, which are not visible to our 6 senses, seems scary and spooky.If our mind is serene and strong, we can't get influenced.
    I thought we had five senses and the sixth was the "psychic " sense that we perceive the unknown with.

1. sight
    2. hearing
    3. touch
    4. smell
    5.taste

6. unofficially Psychic

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why I am seeing my dead father [ 14 Answers ]

My dad recently died on election day of last year. I have seen him twice. The first time I knew the reason behind it. It is now that I can't figure out why I am seeing him. I saw him recently in my truck when I was looking at a home with my best friend. He was siting in the passenger side of my...

How do I trace my dead father [ 5 Answers ]

I found out at the age of 21 that my birth father had died when I was 18 months old but my family don't seem to no how he died or where he is buried does anyone know how I can find out

Dead Father Will? [ 5 Answers ]

My father died last week and none of my family members contacted me to let me know. I found out a week later after the funeral services. I went online to find the obituary and I have also been left out of the surviving family members. How do I find out for FREE if my father had a will? It is...

View more questions Search