Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    siautumn21 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2006, 03:20 AM
    Ways to stay looking good on flight?
    Hey everyone,

I'm flying back to the US for Christmas, it's an 8 hour flight. I'm traveling with my boyfriend and meeting people as soon as we get off the plane... but I always look as though I've been through the garbage disposal by the time I get there! My hair and skin looks greasy and tired after the long flight... does anyone have any tips on how to stay fresh/looking good while traveling?
    s2tp Posts: 299, Reputation: 61

Dec 12, 2006, 03:36 AM
    Lol I have the same problem! My flight will be 14 hours plus 3 flight changes 30 min flights on military aircraft... UGh

I like to put a bag together so about 30 minutes before landing I go to the bathroom and do a little refreshing routine. I take my touch up hair lotion, touch up powder, tooth brush and paste, eye drops, eye makeup...

What kind of hair do you have? I have curly hair and it tends to get all frizzy and just yuck looking. I use this product called Bed Head-After party. It's a light lotion for hair, and it just gives a great shine, and smells great. I use it when I just want to settle my curls down, but it works on straight hair too. Have to be careful not to use too much of course... Do you use a lot of products in your hair? Maybe using too many products is making it greasy...

I have heard of tricks of using clothes-dryer sheets to blot your scalp to get rid of greasy looking areas.. never tried it though.

As for face... I mentioned to you in your other post about Bare Minerals, the final application is great for brushing over your makeup without having to reapply it all. I have seen grease strips too.. to blot your face. Probably by Ponds or something.

I do those dorky exercises they sometimes show on the in-flight tvs too... as silly as it seems to do them, they make me feel better and it helps bring color back to your face... not to mention blood back to your feet/legs (mine tend to fall asleep at about hour #5... )

That's about all I can think of... Bets of Luck!
    siautumn21 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2006, 07:48 AM
    Thanks for the info!

Yeah the long flights are definitely a pain in the ! My hair's curly as well but I don't use any products on it at all... maybe that's the problem?:o I'll look for some of those face strip things as well...

But what about all the new restrictions on bringing liquids onboard? Cause usually I'd pack some beauty things as well but I don't want to pack them all just to get them confiscated at security... you know anything about that?
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2006, 08:03 AM
    I do not know where you are travelling from or to but in America you can now bring on travel sized containers of beauty aids as long as they are in a small (quart sized) clear bag.
    s2tp Posts: 299, Reputation: 61

Dec 12, 2006, 08:29 AM
    Aah yeah your right, I forgot about the lotions thing.. hmm well maybe if you find smaller containers to put travel size ammounts... the only thing you would need to do that with is the hair stuff.. everything else should be fine. I forgot I ran into that problem, but I had a bag I just put all that stuff in and had it checked with the other luggage (not carry-on)

I didn't have any problems with my actual make up bag though.. mostly powders and mascara, they are fine... Have a safe trip!
    helenj Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2006, 07:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by siautumn21
    Hey everyone,

I'm flying back to the US for Christmas, it's an 8 hour flight. I'm traveling with my boyfriend and meeting people as soon as we get off the plane... but I always look as though I've been through the garbage disposal by the time I get there! My hair and skin looks greasy and tired after the long flight...does anyone have any tips on how to stay fresh/looking good while traveling?
    I found great tips for quick refresh make up un this article: http://http://www.carefair.com/Makeup/How_to_Create_a_Polished_Look_in_Five_Minutes_176. html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Flight schedule [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know what time malaysian airlines coming from kualalumpr to delhi is expected to arrive today, at IGI Airport, Delhi

Boring flight (What to do?) [ 1 Answers ]

What are some fun, sensible things to do on a long flight? (fun thing to do for a sensible grown up... i.e - not childish or immature)

View more questions Search