Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rli_ixl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2010, 10:07 PM
    Pain from wisdom tooth
    My lower right wisdom tooth has just came in and I'm 19 years old. Its producing mucus and it's moderately painful cause problems for me to swallow. I have no insurance and very little money. I'm worried that it may be infected and that I will die in my sleep. I'm guessing the pain is from it rising but its horribly annoying. Any suggestions?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 18, 2010, 02:12 AM

The pain is from an impacted wisdom tooth which means, yes, it is infected and will only get worse. You won't die in your sleep, but left untreated the infection can effect other parts of your body. I suggest you find the money NOW to have it removed before more damage is done.

Tick
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2010, 05:47 AM

Tick is right, infection is not good for the whole body and there is the possibility of death if infection is allowed to run through your body for a long time. If you can't afford to have the tooth removed at this time at least get a prescription for an antibiotic to help clear up the infection. Rinse with warm salt water rinses or 5 drops of tea tree oil in a cup of water a few times a day until the discomfort is gone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wisdom tooth extraction pain [ 8 Answers ]

Friends The greatest tragedy occurred yesterday when my dentist declared that my lower last molar has to be removed, I'm in constant pain since then, both physical and psychological. I took another dentist opinion and he also said that it's a simple process and very general. I can't believe this...

Wisdom tooth [ 11 Answers ]

Hello:) Recently my last wisdom tooth came in. But the thing is my wisdom tooth came in with only 2 crowns and a hook, one of the crowns is broken or did not form right and catches my tongue or my inside cheek. Also I believe it is hollow, I mean that there isn't much in the center. I am afraid...

Excruciating Pain after Wisdom Tooth Extraction! [ 17 Answers ]

I got my bottom two wisdom teeth pulled on August 22nd. They were both impacted horizontally and pushing against my back molars, causing a slight pain. So they had to be removed on the advice of my dentist. I'm afraid of needles so to calm the anxiety, they sedated me with Triazolam. It's been a...

What type of pain should I be experiencing after wisdom tooth extraction? [ 3 Answers ]

I got all four of my wisdom teeth out five days ago. The first day I slept a lot and it wasn't bad and the second day I was feeling pretty great. On the third and fourth day pain started to worsen and today it is terrible. This morning I woke up with blood in my mouth and all of my teeth are sore...

Pain after wisdom tooth removal [ 2 Answers ]

OK - I had a Wisdom Tooth pulled - it was not impacted. It was full of decay under the last filling. I ended up with a "dry socket" in that tooth. Went back to my Oral Surgeon who put a "pac" in it - felt so much better. Had pac taken out - the hole is much better but the bridge in front of it...

View more questions Search