Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Froggie101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2006, 02:03 AM
    Trouble after Bankruptcy discharge
    Hello all,
    Any information or help would be much appreciated in this situation.

My husband filed for Chapter 13 five years ago and was recently discharged in the last 2 months. We received a letter stating that unsecured debt would now be reactivated. My husband has a school loan that we knew that we were going to have to pay back and were under the impression that monthly payments would start back up again and have every intention of making those payments. This week we received a letter from a collection agency instead of from the original loan company. We had not received a single phone call, letter, or any other form of communication from the loan company since the discharge. Now this collection agency is demanding we pay the remainder of the loan (around $36,000) plus over $6,000 in "collection costs" and will not allow us to pay monthly. Can we contact the original loan company and explain that we never received any communication from them and that we would like to go through them and not the collection agency? We have every intention of paying, we just can't pay all of that money at once.

Thanks for reading my post.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2006, 04:35 AM
    Check the Statute of limitation in your state for the loan. Send a letter to the collection agency to verify the debt.

See this post:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/bankru...ask-29036.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Discharge [ 3 Answers ]

I have a problem, that lately I get discharge during sex, which is very gross and unattractive. What do I have to do to get rid of it?

Discharge help! [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, so I'm 14 and lately there has been A lot of white discharge, sometimes really thick, sometimes not. Now all of a sudden it's turned into a dark brown discharge (not period like) and last month I got my peroid twice if that makes any difference. I'm confused!

Discharge! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have had a past history of yeast infections, but since I've had my son I haven't had them as often.  my question is why do I have so much discharge?  i don't have any infections at all the doctor's told me so what causes this?  i have to constantly wear a panty liner I have so much.  what can...

View more questions Search